Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Is It So Wrong Not To Attend A Sister's Funeral?

Even if you've not seen her for 30 years (and little before that as she was so much older) and that was probably at a funeral and you have no contact or liking for her "kids" who wanted her dead anyway for her "inheritance"? .
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Re: Is It So Wrong Not To Attend A Sister's Funeral?

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Even if you've not seen her for 30 years (and little before that as she was so much older) and that was probably at a funeral and you have no contact or liking for her "kids" who wanted her dead anyway for her "inheritance"? .
Still your sister, personally I'd sit at the back away from everyone else and then depart quietly once its over.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Well I didn't go to my own brother's so I can't really judge anyone else.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
This sounds all... very bitter to me.

Families are a funny lot! They fall out, hate each other but when one dies, there they are at the funeral sobbing their hearts out! ...but it’s all too late.
Never mind, let’s see what’s been left in the will for the scavengers!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Sibling estrangement is always sad, some fall out, others emigrate and don't bother, some just live down the road, but don't have time, all the same spose.

Same goes for kids and parents.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:59 PM

The tragic thing is.... Fallouts in families are usually, over money!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well I didn't go to my own brother's so I can't really judge anyone else.
Tell us more please.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Still your sister, personally I'd sit at the back away from everyone else and then depart quietly once its over.
I would too.
Gravitas
North England

15-07-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This sounds all... very bitter to me.

Families are a funny lot! They fall out, hate each other but when one dies, there they are at the funeral sobbing their hearts out! ...but it’s all too late.
Never mind, let’s see what’s been left in the will for the scavengers!!
Err, NO! No bitterness AT ALL. She's just much older. I was about 5 when she married. I had little to do with them. Particularly from the age of 21.

I don't know if it's a "protestant" thing but we never made much about "family". I don't think I ever met a grandparent for example.
Gravitas
North England

15-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The tragic thing is.... Fallouts in families are usually, over money!
No money involved. I've never had a lottery win when someone died. (partly because of bad luck). In fact I tend to forget how so many people are quids in.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top