Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 06:55 PM

Apologies to those employed or self-employed..

...but..

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 07:26 PM

Re: Apologies to those employed or self-employed..

The devil finds work for idle hands.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The devil finds work for idle hands.
I'm ready!
And willing!

And..mostly able!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:12 PM

Seriously, I must have one of them recently attributed disorders, after not working for just two days, I get easily distracted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:14 PM

School’s Out For Summer..... This usually guarantees rain!

Supermarkets will be packed with screaming kids running around!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-07-2018, 08:15 PM

But, the commute will be easier.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 08:53 PM

I live next door to a school and I think their holidays started last Friday as its been very quiet this week and the playing fields at the back of my house have been deserted.

They have only just started their holidays but next week in the shops the "Back to School sales" are bound to start. I used to hate seeing those signs in the shops as a kid.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

18-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I live next door to a school and I think their holidays started last Friday as its been very quiet this week and the playing fields at the back of my house have been deserted.

They have only just started their holidays but next week in the shops the "Back to School sales" are bound to start. I used to hate seeing those signs in the shops as a kid.
It's even worse when you're a teacher with kids.. determined to give of your earth mother/chilled dad self for 6 weeks!

But hey!
Mine are grown now
I don't take any notice of the back to school push any more
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
...but..

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!

Thank god for that - a reduction in traffic jams as parents take their bone-idle progeny to school in cars rather than getting them to walk or take the bus to school.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2018, 09:31 PM

What?! More holidays for teachers!!

Seriously though Rhian, you teachers do work long hours putting up with those little monkeys and gremlins, plus your evenings are spend marking books and so on, so all that time off is probably well deserved. Not that you work harder than I do, mind. It's all relative.
Have a nice summer break

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top