Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 06:40 PM

Disgraceful!

A disabled person is kicked off a train in favour of a pram .
The bullying behaviour of the guard .
What is it that 'young mothers' have all the blooming rights
Why did she have the right of a space for her darn pram !

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...disabled-space

As it happens the disable person was a well known comedian Tanylee and whose husband filmed everything .
They told her when she got on that as she was not in a wheelchair a wheelchair user would have priority ( if one got on ) but then a women with a baby got on and demanded the seat
And space for her PRAM ! And the goon of a guard backed her up and kicked Tanyalee and her husband off the train .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:21 PM

Re: Disgraceful!

Muddy, l read about Tanylee and how she felt humiliated and reduced to tears.
The guard could have been more discreet than speaking to her in a loud voice so everyone could hear.

Why couldn’t the mother fold her pram up and hold her baby just for once?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:08 PM

It must be difficult enough for her travelling on public transport without that happening.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, l read about Tanylee and how she felt humiliated and reduced to tears.
The guard could have been more discreet than speaking to her in a loud voice so everyone could hear.

Why couldn’t the mother fold her pram up and hold her baby just for once?
I think she had a broken arm.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:13 AM

I am not sure,why they seem to think they have all the rights,..there was a young mother with child,at our doctors surgery,she actually parked in a disabled bay,when challenged by a disabled wife's husband,(he was unable to park there,and caught the mother getting into her car,.)..she replied,I can park where I like,I have a child.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I am not sure,why they seem to think they have all the rights,..there was a young mother with child,at our doctors surgery,she actually parked in a disabled bay,when challenged by a disabled wife's husband,(he was unable to park there,and caught the mother getting into her car,.)..she replied,I can park where I like,I have a child.
Sites like Mumsnet have a lot to answer for. Having children is not an impediment although lots of mothers don't seem to be able to cope with children and their phones at the same time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:26 AM

I am afraid children are always used to create excessive emotion so people can get their own way.
Having said that, it really does depend on how long their journeys were because neither would have been greatly inconvenienced by a short journey & if it was a long journey with prebooked tickets, The train should have had sufficient seats!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:37 AM

It angers me when on the bus and adults with pushchairs the size of Land Rovers seem to want to edge me and my sholley out of the way. If they are fit enough to have a baby, they can darned well walk, like my mother did years ago! These baby carriers get bigger and bigger and take up a lot of space in a small area.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:56 AM

Both parties involved expect priority treatment because of their different reasons but why give them different priority!!

They both have wheels, need to travel, so should fit where possible on transport without all this fuss and palaver with the media getting involved
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:00 AM

When I was a child at primary school we went by bus .
Children were expected to give up their seats for adults and use the upstairs if necessary being seen as better to negotiate them .
We used to shoot up those stairs like monkeys while the bus was moving .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top