Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

21-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Swearing and rudeness in general

I can't help but notice the awful language that so many people use these days. Was in town and there was young and old f'ing and blinding.

I can't abide it yet it just seems to be part of the general conversation these days.

Can't stand it either when certain individuals insist on calling people 'scum' it really makes me cringe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Re: Swearing and rudeness in general

You are right Panda. I am afraid it is a growing trend.
I try to ignore it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 01:54 PM

Yes it is the norm for many these days, it seems it has become part of the young culture to use that vile disgusting C word. Now that does make me cringe.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

21-07-2018, 02:04 PM

Trouble is its not just young people but all ages. If they want to talk in this fashion in their own homes fair enough.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:06 PM

I hate people swearing as part of normal conversation. There is one heck of a lot of bad language on forums.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:08 PM

I have to agree with you Panda.

If I happen to get caught in Asda when the schools turn out, their language is constant swearing, using the 'F' word frequently.
Probably if one starts, the 'followers' have to keep up to be accepted.

It sounds so very wrong to me for school kids to talk the way they do.
Bad enough in adults who say about 20 'F' words to a sentence, let alone kids doing it.

I turned a film off the other night because I have never heard so much continual swearing. When we were younger, they would never have got away with that on telly, but it's seems acceptable practice now.
I remember them banning smoking on telly years ago, but they allow the bad language instead!

I am no angel and will curse and mutter like anyone else, but I don't think I ever say anything really bad.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:09 PM

I hate it too, no need for it at all..
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:48 PM

Even young school children. We live near a school. A primary school at that.
Atrocious language.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 03:04 PM

My wife’s, uncles friends brother ( stay with me) used to work for prince Charles, he used to eff and blind in front of Charles, who apparently loved it,
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 03:34 PM

I was on an airline flight recently that was filled with young families. A twenty-something boy (can't really call someone acting like that a man) near me was swearing like a sailor. I caught his attention and told hime to watch his language motioning to the children around us. He replied, "Yes, ma'am," and obliged.

It's strange though. I would think that a twenty-something male would do anything to avoid being "mommied" by an older woman in front of people.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top