Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:16 PM

Would you complain in a Restaurant?

Are you the brave type to complain about something that you have ordered and is not to your liking? or are you like me and would only complain as a very last resort if the item was inedible?

I ask because I was reading a story in my paper this week of a couple who went for a meal in a Chinese Restaurant and the meal was not to their liking at all as the meat was in his words "tough and rubbery". Apparently he was very polite when he informed the waiter that they were not happy with their meal when asked if everything was alright. The waiter went back to the kitchen and informed the Chef, who happened to also be the owner, and he allegedly went berserk! He allegedly started swearing at the couple, accusing them of trying to get away without paying. He then allegedly pushed the wife so naturally her husband stuck up for her and stood up to him which then resulted in the owner allegedly throwing a bowl of hot chilli powder in the husband's face resulting in him having to be taken to the hospital to have his eyes washed out.

My point is that I am a bit of a coward when it comes to complaining about a meal if it is not up to standard. I am more inclined to just leave it and make a point of not returning to that Restaurant again.
Another thing that puts me off is the thought of what they may do to the meal when it disappears from view to be rectified!! I know it goes on!

Are you confident enough to complain or are you a wimp like me?. I don't even let he who must obey know half the time when a complaint would be justified in case he complained.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:21 PM

Re: Would you complain in a Restaurant?

I complained once.
And at the time wondered why they were trying hard not to smirk when they brought me a replacement meal.
Since then, after reading how waiters add to the range of sauces and dressings by spitting in the food I'd never complain again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:26 PM

That boss in the Chinese sounds a raving nutter, Shroppy!

I don't really know in advance what I'd do to be honest, I suppose it would depend on circumstances at the time - like where I was, was I alone, and how bad the food really was.
If it was really awful, yes, I probably would say something, but if it was only slightly not right, I'd probably just leave it and not say anything unless I was asked.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I complained once.
And at the time wondered why they were trying hard not to smirk when they brought me a replacement meal.
Since then, after reading how waiters add to the range of sauces and dressings by spitting in the food I'd never complain again.

I've heard they pee in the chip pans too.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:29 PM

That's me to a T, Mort. I am normally a strong character who doesn't stand for any nonsense, but it is just Restaurants where I seem to lose my courage. The thought of what is happening to my meal after being taken back to the kitchen is enough for me. Of course, I am not referring to all Restaurants and I appreciate this is rare, but I know from speaking to those working in Restaurants that it does go on.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:30 PM

I complained at a Golf Club one lunch time over the Lasagne they served up, it was dry as if it had been over cooked or warmed up in a microwave.
They changed it instantly!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've heard they pee in the chip pans too.
Bet it hurts when the fat spits
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:32 PM

Perhaps it depends on how you complain. If you are nice to them I am hoping they won't spit in the food! I did once manage to negotiate removal of the service charge for 30 people because they took so long to serve us, but of course that was after the meal. So maybe best to wait until you are paying?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:36 PM

I once got a wok dish that had raw lumps of stewing steak in it.

I took one look and called the waiter to take it back. I was offered another meal but said no thank you. I had to sit with my tummy growling while OH ate his perfectly good steak.

To make matters worse it was supposed to be my birthday dinner.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bet it hurts when the fat spits
Hi

Beat me too it Morty.

The food EHOs have loads of stories about what happens in restaurants when someone complains.

They would send the food back, pay, leave and then hammer them on Trip Advisor or the like.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top