Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 04:25 PM

Renewed raised bed

The council have had my bed refilled with my own stuff. Looking a lot better, but do wish it was raised some more, in line with those next to me, that have had an extra layer put on!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	554  
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 05:20 PM

Re: Renewed raised bed

Don"t quite get your post Jazzi ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Looks a sturdy job though Janet, I wish my raised beds were half as good...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Don"t quite get your post Jazzi ?
Ap, it was demolished and rebuilt by the Council, but the workmen chucked in a lot of sand!! I did put this up, maybe on Chit Chat, showing it resembled a sand pit. They demolished 4 beds made from blocks/bricks, added 3 more, and removed/rebuilt 4 wooden one, one of which I rent.

However, I started removing a lot of my own earth last week, hoping to get it back into my new bed, but they first chucked in some earth taken out from other beds (no nutrients) and then topped up with sand. I'd met the allotments officer this week and told her it was crap, and intended removing as much sand as I could to put in my own stuff. Did a lot on Tuesday, then fell ill with a cold, leaving me mostly in bed for 2 days, but the AO emailed yesterday, saying she'd instructed the workmen to remove a lot of the sand and put in my own stuff. Which they did.

This is the finished result, which I'm happier with.

My mixture was made up of my own earth, manure, and the black compost the local waste company delivers, so it's bloody good stuff.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 06:10 PM

It's looking good now Jazzi, well done for getting on to the Council and sorting them out, especially that AO!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
It's looking good now Jazzi, well done for getting on to the Council and sorting them out, especially that AO!
Thanks Susie, and today some friends finished off the job, emptying the bag of earth onto my ground. The bag was loaned to me and it was needed for the volunteers during their clean up operation today, to get cuttings into and taken to the recycling depot. They have helped me out a lot here, so now I can move my Hippo bag to the side, break down one side of the damaged composter, and get to the stuff which is lower down.

Good to have friends who help out, isn't it?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 08:37 PM

OK I get it now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top