Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 03:53 PM

Clothes and Shoes recycle.

I've just been dragged kicking and screaming to turn out some of my clothes and Shoes. It's really funny how you find stuff you have either never worn or forgotten about or both.
Those that know me from other sites are aware thatI have a thing about Shoes, I just like nice comfortable Shoes and you should have a pair for every occasion. The problem is Mrs H does not agree there might be 32 different occasions, so I have had to reluctantly let go of some, as well as some Jackets etc.,
You wait, in the next few days we will be invited to some event where the dress code I would adhere to is now in the Sally Army Skip!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Re: Clothes and Shoes recycle.

That is so sad, Hawkeye. I could never do that to my shoes/clothing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:15 PM

Aw Keith , you wife sounds very cruel

I have some much loved old friends in my wardrobe and nobody will prise them from my grasp .

Can't you sneak them back
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is so sad, Hawkeye. I could never do that to my shoes/clothing.
I know Tiffany, I'll be closely watching the TV to see if I spot any of them.
Hawkeye
Devon UK

28-04-2016, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Keith , you wife sounds very cruel

I have some much loved old friends in my wardrobe and nobody will prise them from my grasp .

Can't you sneak them back
Too late. I was made to execute, I mean recycle them in the Sally Army bin. When it went 'clang', it was like operating the Guillotine.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:49 PM

When we moved abroad I had to give up my lovely Per Una tops and many pairs of shoes. I was gutted but realised I would not need them. I convinced myself cleansing is good for the soul
Hawkeye
Devon UK

28-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
When we moved abroad I had to give up my lovely Per Una tops and many pairs of shoes. I was gutted but realised I would not need them. I convinced myself cleansing is good for the soul
Don't tell Mrs H that, she'll make me have a bath as well!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 08:10 PM

OMG marry me and we can live in Shoe Heaven
Hawkeye
Devon UK

28-04-2016, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
OMG marry me and we can live in Shoe Heaven
No, you would take up too much space in the Wardrobe.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 08:25 PM

Oh, Hawkey, Come here and lay your weary head on my shoulder and tell me all about it...

I can sympathise! Some years ago, my well meaning ex mother in law came to sort my house out. When l got home, all our stuff was missing! I found it all in neat piles with string round in the dustbin. I retrieved the lot. Some people have no compassion for other people's favourite things!!

Did you have to throw out the clogs you wore as a child down the mines? I hope not, they were your favourites!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top