Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 07:03 PM

Goodbye Monty

I am sorry to say poor Monty has gone home.....He was slowly getting sicker and losing weight...We dont know what was wrong with him so we took him back...I have now got 2 new ones so I will post pics later ...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 07:06 PM

Re: Goodbye Monty

Was Monty the new rat UKM - he looked quite healthy from your picture. I prefer hamsters to rats, although they don't live long.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 07:28 PM

He was a new rat..he was very docile and quiet for the first 3/4 days..we weren't concerned, as we thought that was his 'personality and just settling in , but it soon became clear something was not right when he started to lose weight and kept sneezing. in the end he just sat all day in one place ....we had a 2 week guarantee so the pet shop took him back..it was a shame as he was a beautiful colour...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 10:08 PM

Sorry to hear about Monty Are your two new rats from the same Pet Shop?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

13-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Hi Mags.....they are from the same shop but they are bigger than Monty was and definitely more lively..they aren't quite as striking colour-wise as Monty but still pretty...The pet shop gives a 14 day guarantee with all its livestock and will contact customers before this runs out to see if all is ok .....If there is anything wrong you have the option to take the animal to a vet at their expense or get a exchange ...Being quite a experienced rat owner (nearly 20 years) I didn't think Monty was worth taking a chance on as he didnt show symptoms of common rat ailments .....I will post pics of Monty (mk ii) and Patch (mk umpteen) as soon as they will keep still long enough
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 11:06 PM

That's reassuring to know, Steve ..... looking forward to seeing pics of the newcomers!
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

15-03-2012, 11:19 PM

As promised here are the pictures of my new 'Boys' the white one is called Monty of course, and the black and white hooded is called 'Mr Patch' and don't ask why its a soppy story ...

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

15-03-2012, 11:42 PM

They are cute, Steve ..... and both look quite alert.

I like the colouring of Mr Patch
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 02:51 PM

They look to be inquisitive little things. I had pet mice when I was a child but never had rats.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Not too keen on the white Rat but the other one was lovely, I suppose the white Rat is an albino having got pink eyes.Dont tell him I am not keen on him,dont want to give him a complex1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top