Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 11:52 PM

The Law must change

Dog fighting was made illegal in England and Wales in 1835, and yet according to the League Against Cruel Sports it is happening every single day in Britain.

Dogs are being specially bred as fighting dogs, but both the 'fighters' and the 'baiters' have a life no dog should have to endure. The ones that won't fight or not good enough, are just used as bait for the others instead.

The 'bait' dogs are often stolen family pets, and don't stand a chance, because according to the League, they either have their teeth smashed, or their muzzles taped so they cannot possibly defend themselves.

For dog fighting in France, they criminals get a 2 year sentence. In Germany it's 3 years. In Britain its a max of 51 WEEKS.
The League says "With our lax animal cruelty laws and low penalties for dog theft, both often connected to dog fighting cases, offenders think it's well worth the risk."

What a sick world these criminals create.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:25 AM

Re: The Law must change

Fines and prison are too good for these sick, evil people Mups. It would be fairer justice if the evil swines were taped up and thrown to their own fighting dogs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:40 AM

Yesterday I saw a dreadful case on dog rescuers of a poor whippet whose mouth had been taped with Gaffer tape . It could barely breath and was terribly damaged. Some freak had done this to the poor animal. It ended well with the vet who saved it adopting it but such suffering.
Why are people cruel ?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 02:42 AM

Maybe they learn from cats ?!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:03 AM

The sentences are laughable. I watch the Dog Rescuers that Muddy mentioned and what really annoys me is that in so many cases animal abusers are given a temporary ban from owning dogs . It should be a lifetime ban.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Maybe they learn from cats ?!

Oh do be quiet Pummy.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The sentences are laughable. I watch the Dog Rescuers that Muddy mentioned and what really annoys me is that in so many cases animal abusers are given a temporary ban from owning dogs . It should be a lifetime ban.

I agree Meg, although ti wouldn't make any difference because they probably don't want to own one in the first place, and also it won't stop them torturing someone else's will it.

A dog warden I knew told me once of a man who had been banned, then she received a tip off from someone saying there was a dog in the property again. When she investigated she was told it was his wife's dog. Nothing the warden could do, as his wife wasn't the one with the ban!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:36 AM

I believe its been time for a massive overhaul of animal laws for years now.

Domestic, commercial, and wildlife need serious reviews for the welfare of all, perhaps with much harsher penalties if found to be wanting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-08-2016, 10:50 AM

My friend in Lanark said when the politicians were coming round door-bashing recently, she always asked them what did their party intended to do about animal cruelty. None of them could answer, and she told them that is where her vote would go.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a sick world these criminals create.
Yes Mups, aided by the law which in no way acts as a deterant, it's disgusting. But as I've said before, if you were a judge on a £100K salary, chauffeur driven limosine, special 'safe' houses when away from home (No Premier Inn rooms for them) why would you want to reduce crime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top