Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 07:37 AM

Films that impressed

We went to see 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' in 1975. Something missing on the way out of the cinema was the chatter usually heard when a film is over. Everyone was quiet. We found it a moving story, superbly made and acted. One of the children bought it for me on DVD a few years ago and I just watched it again. Still the same effect.

'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' was funny in places but sad in others. John Candy (Del Griffith) acted the lonely man so well sitting there on his own on the railway station, ready to spend Thanksgiving all alone. Then Steve Martin (Neal Page) taking him home to spend the time with his family. Just a nice ending I thought.

That's a couple that did it for me. Are there any films left you with a lasting impression or memory?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:11 AM

Re: Films that impressed

'The Third Man' with Orson Welles. I think it was the haunting theme of the zither.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:53 AM

Anger management... Left me so frustrated..Cant watch it .

The Green mile.. love that film
Shawshank redemption ..

There are a few good films that make you stop and think ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:34 AM

The last film which impressed was 'Pan's Labyrinth' I found it hauntingly beautiful and so sad, it stayed with me for a long time.

http://panslabyrinth.co.uk/
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:00 AM

I love that piece if zither music Alan. Had a listen to it on YouTube again. The theme music was a big hit in it's own right at the time wasn't it?

The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption were both great films.

I just had a look at the trailer for Pan's Labyrinth. I haven't seen the film and I'll look out for it on a DVD, Has it been on TV?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:09 AM

'Its a wonderful life' with James Stewart - beautiful film
Lasting impact on me
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:13 AM

The Pursuit of Happiness, based on the true story of Chris Garner.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I just had a look at the trailer for Pan's Labyrinth. I haven't seen the film and I'll look out for it on a DVD, Has it been on TV?
I don't know Mart, I haven't seen it on TV. It covers the Spanish Civil war and is quite violent so would have been on late at night if it was . I had it on DVD (obtained from Ebay) but no longer have it or would have sent it to you.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
The Pursuit of Happiness, based on the true story of Chris Garner.
I have this on DVD but I have to wait until OH is out he cant stand Will Smith.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

02-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I had it on DVD (obtained from Ebay) but no longer have it or would have sent it to you.
That would have been vet kind of you Meg. Thanks.

I like a good fantasy film, so will look out for it in Asda tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top