Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:37 PM

Important

Is stuff you once thought Important no longer important, or Is It just bubbling away, in your memory bank, for future reference?.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Re: Important

The most important thing is, it's important not to forget something of importance don't you think?

But its strange how things that were of importance once, are no longer so, yet things that once you would have shrugged off, have now become important.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:58 PM

if you learn not to sweat the petty stuff then even less is important in the bigger picture of life
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 12:25 AM

I guess sweating the small stuff is pretty common after all Dale Carnegie devoted a whole chapter to it in his book How To Stop Worrying & Start Living.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 12:43 AM

I think when you're young you tend to worry about everything, there's so much peer pressure to deal with but the older I get I've found I worry less, it serves no purpose, doesn't change anything, experience and hindsight are wonderful lessons to have learned over time
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The most important thing is, it's important not to forget something of importance don't you think?
But its strange how things that were of importance once, are no longer so, yet things that once you would have shrugged off, have now become important.

Yep, things that are important now were not important before.And things that were important before I have forgotten so I guess they weren't important at all...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 04:52 AM

I sometimes worried over something when I was working. I was once asked to write a report about the teaching of mathematics at the college and I fretted over that until it was out of the way. However, since I retired I've nothing to worry over.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:20 AM

I used to fret about all sorts of things, but now the only important things are am I breathing, can I pay my bills and have I got a bottle of red wine to open tonight!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 09:03 AM

But are you being Earnest Spitfire ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I think when you're young you tend to worry about everything, there's so much peer pressure to deal with but the older I get I've found I worry less, it serves no purpose, doesn't change anything, experience and hindsight are wonderful lessons to have learned over time
Fab post !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top