Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 06:22 AM

IPAD moribund

Since updating my ipad it no longer works properly it has a lag so long that it make the thing unusable impossible to write text .
I took it to apple but unfortunately their waiting list was hours long what to do?
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 08:45 AM

Re: IPAD moribund

My partner had the same thing happen and after a long struggle it turned out to be one of the apps which hadn't been updated to suit the new system which he then deleted. Could be that. if it isn't that, google something like "iPad doesn't work after updating" or iPad doesn't work when system updated". I did this and found lots of suggestions.

I updated mine and luckily had no problem. Mine is iPad2Air but my partner's is the one before Air so that might make a difference too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 09:47 AM

Many thanks i will give it a try - how do you find out if an app has been updated or not?
mine will be the same as your partners.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Sorry - I was wrong it wasn't an app, it was something else that caused it which his son fixed for him but if you look at this link it doesn't look like good news.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6557735
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Why not restore to the factory settings and start all over again ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top