Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:19 AM

Nice Skin ? what does it mean, girls ?

Since puberty, I have never really considered the skin on my face particularly pleasant. My friends had flawless complections wheras I got horribly spotty!

My lovely, smoothe facial skin became nasty and greasy, while my very beautiful girl friends remained more or less 'spot' free.

Now, I find that new people I meet make a point of mentioning my 'good skin' ! and I am amazed

Apparently I should have lots of wrinkles !!!

Anyone else experiencing this ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:23 AM

Re: Nice Skin ? what does it mean, girls ?

Rachel I was a spotty greasy teen too and I don't have lots of wrinkles.
I would prefer to have wrinkles now though and a better skin then
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:26 AM

Very few wrinkles here ..... and yes, I also had greasy skin when younger.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:29 AM

Revel it in you lucky ladies ....

I've always had very dry skin .... and can see I'm getting ruts like tractor tyre tread marks.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:33 AM

Men are begining to leave aside that macho image and use facial creams for their face. Not a bad idea considering the after effects after shaving
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:37 AM

I've often observed that chaps keep nicer skin and put it down to a life of regular gentle exfoliating with a razor.

Sounds daft but ... I'm sure I read that Liz Taylor and Marilyn Monroe regularly had a shave for that reason.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 04:16 AM

Well, my skin was always good as a teen, never a spot was found.
After 30+ years of weathering it's as smooth as a camel's arse and that's been sandblasted.

You girls don't know what it's like to have rough skin. Pah.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:18 AM

Rachel, perhaps the fact that you had greasy skin when you were younger, has helped keep your skin in good condition - and now we are all older and our skins get naturally drier as we age - yours has stayed the course better!

Lots of things wrong with my body - but facial skin is not one of them - I am lucky with it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Nice Skin ? what does it mean?

"Perhaps it will look nice as a lampshade?"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 09:59 AM

AS long as your skin is clean and moisturised it should look good

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top