Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 11:48 PM

Make up before bedtime

Apparently the old saying about not going to bed on an argument really does have a scientific basis according to researchers from Beijing University.

They found it is harder to get rid of angry thoughts once they had been slept on.
This is because sleeping reorganises information from short- term to long-term memory.
They examined how students reacted to negative images over two days, one day before and one day after a night's sleep.
The students found it much harder to shift bad thoughts on the second day.

The University said "Over time, emotional memories become more resistant to suppression."

So kiss and make up tonight!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:10 AM

Re: Make up before bedtime

I thought this thread was going to be about putting on lipstick and powdering your nose before going to bed Mups, nothing would surprise me with women.
Seriously I was always a great believer in patching up things before I went to sleep, remember the words you say before you go to sleep may be your last, so always say something nice.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I thought this thread was going to be about putting on lipstick and powdering your nose before going to bed Mups, nothing would surprise me with women.
Seriously I was always a great believer in patching up things before I went to sleep, remember the words you say before you go to sleep may be your last, so always say something nice.

You just have Jem. You always do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 12:15 AM

One of the many joys of living alone is that there is no one to fall out with
I do occasionally fall out with myself but get over it quite quickly.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:10 PM

I was always told to "never let the sun go down on an arguement" and I never have let it works for me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:15 PM

I could never sleep if the argument hadn't been resolved. Once, it had and the air was cleared, l would feel happier and go straight off to sleep.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:19 PM

I don't have anyone to argue with, I do beat up my teddy though, then cuddle him all night, whispering "I love you, I'm sorry"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:33 PM

Hi
Very, very important

Put it behind you.

Going to bed together is very important.

A time for an acceptance of each other, a time for a goodnight kiss and cuddle and waking up with that special person in your life.

Absolutely priceless.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 01:33 PM

If I do have an argument with somebody I often find that I go to bed and consider what has been said and why. If you stand in the other persons shoes, you often find that they have a valid reason for their opinion. I sometimes think that making up, in the cold light of day, is more rewarding because it shows you have listened to the other person and considered what they have said.
So sorry Mups, I am not sure I can agree with researchers from Beijing University.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I was always told to "never let the sun go down on an arguement" and I never have let it works for me
My Dad always said "Never let the sun go down on an argument" if you stick to that you certainly sleep better .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top