Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 02:36 AM

If only Cameron had not been PM

If only David Cameron had not been PM.
Good article .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-Minister.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 02:38 AM

Re: If only Cameron had not been PM

His policies also damaged the NHS beyond recognition.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:25 AM

At the time, I didn't quite understand why Cameron stood down after the vote but I can see now that he did the right thing for himself. I thought maybe he left because he didn't agree with the result but it's more likely he knew the sh*t was about to hit the fan. He obviously had good advisors which is more than can be said for the current lot.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:36 AM

I think every pm we’ve ever had apart from Churchill ends with ‘if only’ .. obviously in Tony Blair’s case there are a thousand if onlys ... I imagine Cameron would reply to this thread saying if only Nigel Farage has never been born .. hindsight is a wonderful thing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I think every pm we’ve ever had apart from Churchill ends with ‘if only’ .. obviously in Tony Blair’s case there are a thousand if onlys ... I imagine Cameron would reply to this thread saying if only Nigel Farage has never been born .. hindsight is a wonderful thing
I suppose that's true really. Even Churchill was kicked out eventually.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:05 PM

There is a programme starting on BBC2 on Monday night which promises to be very revealing...
"Inside Europe: Ten Years of Turmoil",

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46951942

Having read the synopsis I just hope my blood pressure can cope with the arrogance of politicians .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is a programme starting on BBC2 on Monday night which promises to be very revealing...
"Inside Europe: Ten Years of Turmoil",

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46951942

Having read the synopsis I just hope my blood pressure can cope with the arrogance of politicians .

It's also broadcast by the BBC......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's also broadcast by the BBC......
Hmmm! That bothers me too. Bound to be a teensy bit biased.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:38 PM

[QUOTE=marmaduke;1626156]I think every pm we’ve ever had apart from Churchill ends with ‘if only’ .. obviously in Tony Blair’s case there are a thousand if onlys ... I imagine Cameron would reply to this thread saying if only Nigel Farage has never been born .. hindsight is a wonderful thing[/QUOTE]

isn't it just!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At the time, I didn't quite understand why Cameron stood down after the vote but I can see now that he did the right thing for himself. I thought maybe he left because he didn't agree with the result but it's more likely he knew the sh*t was about to hit the fan. He obviously had good advisers which is more than can be said for the current lot.
At least he asked the people what they wanted to do, LD, how many other countries, in the EU, have done that.

We all know that he was so arrogant that he thought the whole country would be on his side, and we all know that he jumped ship before any of his promises had started to be worked on.

But the bottom line is - without his referendum we would now be stuck tight under the EU.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top