Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:00 PM

Don’t Tell Me!!!

Not to do it!

Because “ I will”

How about you?

Depends how it’s spoken out?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:05 PM

Re: Don’t Tell Me!!!

Me? I only ever do as I want one way or another.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:10 PM

Yes, it depends how its spoken. I don't obey orders, but if something is suggested to me like an idea, then I would think about it, before doing it. ie "How about you try this?" rather than "Do it THIS way, not that way!" I am not a child.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:20 PM

Some wouldn’t dare... as they are scared of me! I can’t think why?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:43 PM

I will listen to advice and act upon it …if it makes sense to do so.
it’s wise to take onboard another point of view, before coming to a decision.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:54 PM

When I was a kid if I was told not to do something, like climbing a high tree at the bottom of one of our fields, or going into the attic, which had not been cleared out for over 100 years it was an invitation for me to do it! I fell out of the tree, not once but twice. I found a grenade in the attic and not knowing what it was I kicked it around on the back lawn. It was lucky I didn't pull the pin out, or I wouldn't be around to tell the tell. I have the living daylights thrashed out of me for that escapade.

Nowadays I listen to any advice which is given to me, if I think it sensible I abide by it.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some wouldn’t dare... as they are scared of me! I can’t think why?
Same here, Artie. Only two lived to talk about it after....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, it depends how its spoken. I don't obey orders, but if something is suggested to me like an idea, then I would think about it, before doing it. ie "How about you try this?" rather than "Do it THIS way, not that way!" I am not a child.
Something I picked up from a Japanese colleague ... Always tell someone that they did a good job even if you know it could have been done better a different way. Then ask them if they could think of a way to do it better and to show you. That way, that person doesn't lose face and really learns something new.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Same here, Artie. Only two lived to talk about it after....
So funny! Right Now.
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 03:34 PM

Life’s golden rule is never try to tell a woman what to do as it will end in tears .... not hers lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top