Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 02:20 AM

Do you prefer the new placement for the games/jokes section?

Further to this post by VM, I have put the games jokes and funnies section higher up the forum listing.

Couple of reasons, first is that many people post jokes in the General chat section and I appreciate the reason behind that (which is usually they don't want people to miss their thread) and second, is because games jokes and funnies are so popular here

The other thing I have noticed is that people often post photos of their pets in the pets discussion section, either because they didn't notice the photo section or because they feel it's better in the pet discussion section. So here I propose we either get rid of the photo sections altogether - and just let people post pictures in the other related sections, or just let people post photos in the non-photo sections if they wish. So for example, photos posted in the pet discussion section would not be moved to the pet photo section.

Why bother with these changes and not just enforce our usual 'rules'?

Because my intention is to make the site as fun and pleasurable to use as possible I know (from years of experience running forums!) that many people 'hate' having their threads moved so I'd rather just make the site easier for people to post in the right place, or relax a few of the rules where things ought to be posted

Anyway, let me know what you think! Happy with the games section being where they are now? Ok with photos being allowed to be posted in any related section (instead of just the photos sections)... or get rid of the photos section altogether?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 02:31 AM

Re: Do you prefer the new placement for the games/jokes section?

Me - I'm more than happy with the games section where it is now, or where it was! As long as it's there somewhere, I'm gonna find it no matter what!
I did get confused about where to post photos! I was inclined to put them in the related section - maybe because I saw that before the photos section?
My only suggestion would be to have each section in two parts. E.G. For pets, have Pets Discussion, and Pets Photos or something like that!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 03:55 AM

I'm happy with the Games section where it is now, but as LMB said, I'd find it wherever it was. Don't mind having photos in the discussion posts; speaking personally I'm more likely to read that than go to the Photo posts
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Happy with the Games section being moved. Not sure about moving the pets to discussions though as it is nice to see the pets in their respective photo thread!
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:11 AM

It makes no difference to me,you have to search for threads however you tweak the boards, It's the nature of the beast called fora.

Anyway I think VM was a bit grouchy because he hadn't had his cocoa
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 01:53 PM

I got "grouchy" 'cos I had a secretary who was forever moving stuff from one file to another for no good reason. Two years I tolerated it but when it became obvious she wasn't going to change I encouraged her to move on. I think she was the cause of the start of my Blood pressure problems.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 05:49 PM

I don't mind where things go because I always go to 'Latests posts' to access the threads
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 06:44 PM

I always go to 'Latest Posts' first.

It makes no difference to me ...... just as long as OFF carries on for ever and ever!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 11:06 PM

I always go to Control Panel first to check on responses, then to Latest Posts.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top