Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:22 PM

May I swear?

I am what you might call missed off.

I was to finish work last friday for a weeks holiday but one of my colleagues had tested positive and wasn't back until Monday (yesterday) so I went in to work as it would have meant my boss would have to run the office on her own. We are a team of 4 but at present one is on maternity leave so we have been running the office with just 3 till she comes back.

Anyway I finished work yesterday for a week not going back to work until next Tuesday. I haven't booked anywhere and only have plans for meals out with friends this week but today I received a message from my boss, would I go in as NHS test and trace alerted her so she has to isolate for 10 days. This means if I didn't go in my other colleague would be left on his own and it's too much for 2 never mind 1 to run the office.

Soooooo, I am going in. I know I could have said no but I'm too soft for my own good sometimes but I really couldn't leave him on his own and I know for a fact I would feel bad so my holiday wouldn't be fun anyway.

I've come here for a rant and then I'll be ok.

Chit, Chite and Abuse, Plucking 'ell, grrrrrrrr ROARRRRRR

There, I feel better now, thanks for listening, I knew I could depend on you lot

On the positive side I have another week to look forward to and I hope its as nice as this week is intended to be!!!!!

Would you have done the same or would you have told them where to go.

I think I know what our Todgy will say hehe
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:25 PM

Re: May I swear?

Poor Queenie - I think it may be a cup of tea and a Cricut time!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:25 PM

I would have done the same Queenie. Just think of the extra money, or the appreciation, or something. It'll be a great week! Plus they "owe" you now, heh!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Poor Queenie - I think it may be a cup of tea and a Cricut time!
It sure is, when I get back from the gym! Hey, I'm having a go at making exploding boxes when I get back, that should be fun but it doesn't look easy

x
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I am what you might call missed off.

I was to finish work last friday for a weeks holiday but one of my colleagues had tested positive and wasn't back until Monday (yesterday) so I went in to work as it would have meant my boss would have to run the office on her own. We are a team of 4 but at present one is on maternity leave so we have been running the office with just 3 till she comes back.

Anyway I finished work yesterday for a week not going back to work until next Tuesday. I haven't booked anywhere and only have plans for meals out with friends this week but today I received a message from my boss, would I go in as NHS test and trace alerted her so she has to isolate for 10 days. This means if I didn't go in my other colleague would be left on his own and it's too much for 2 never mind 1 to run the office.

Soooooo, I am going in. I know I could have said no but I'm too soft for my own good sometimes but I really couldn't leave him on his own and I know for a fact I would feel bad so my holiday wouldn't be fun anyway.

I've come here for a rant and then I'll be ok.

Chit, Chite and Abuse, Plucking 'ell, grrrrrrrr ROARRRRRR

There, I feel better now, thanks for listening, I knew I could depend on you lot

On the positive side I have another week to look forward to and I hope its as nice as this week is intended to be!!!!!

Would you have done the same or would you have told them where to go.

I think I know what our Todgy will say hehe
As an employee I would probably have gone in, as an employer I would have offered an inducement.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As an employee I would probably have gone in, as an employer I would have offered an inducement.
would you really have gone in? that's surprised me, I could imagine you telling them to get lost lol
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
would you really have gone in? that's surprised me, I could imagine you telling them to get lost lol
As an employee and under the circumstances described I would have gone in.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Good job you hadn't gone off somewhere , but if I was in your position, I'd probably have gone in too, and then I wouldn't be afraid to ask for a favour in return
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Good job you hadn't gone off somewhere , but if I was in your position, I'd probably have gone in too, and then I wouldn't be afraid to ask for a favour in return
I would have gone in, but would have been in a terrible mood. Hopefully not a customer service position. I also would have expected it to be remembered that I gave up my time off. Only so that when everyone is back me getting my week off should take priority. After all you assigned priority to everyone else's needs.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:28 PM

Sorry LQ. I would have gone in under the circumstances…
That being said, we are expected to go above and beyond as management ( setting a good example - and all those fine notions) BUT we are rewarded with a substantial bonus for our performance. I hope you’re rewarded accordingly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top