Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 07:50 PM

Evening Walk

Watercolour
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:59 PM

Re: Evening Walk

That reminds me of the walk up to the summit of the Great Orme (Llandudno) through the gardens and woods of Happy Valley. Good Painting Azure.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That reminds me of the walk up to the summit of the Great Orme (Llandudno) through the gardens and woods of Happy Valley. Good Painting Azure.
Thank you so much and pleased it brought back memories.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:56 AM

Reminds me of a photo i took of Dunstanburgh castle, i sat for ages to get a cascade of walkers heading down the path.

William Turner painted it, my favourite artist.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:01 AM

Very nice Phil an interesting use of colour...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:04 AM

That is very nice and I love the colours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:36 AM

It's interesting that a painting can evoke memories personal to us, something that a photograph probably wouldn't do unless we had been to that particular place. I suppose that's the beauty of paintings.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

24-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Reminds me of a photo i took of Dunstanburgh castle, i sat for ages to get a cascade of walkers heading down the path.

William Turner painted it, my favourite artist.
Thank you Nom

Yes, Turner is brilliant and has painted many English Castles even the ones in disrepair,

Even in Industrial Towns there was always Country Walks and the Parks with acres of gardens to enjoy, and families went there regularly at the weekends. Now people do not bother

In Italy they still have the traditional 'Passegato', evening stroll down the main City Street and Cars take second place
or make a detour, Most of the residents,families, young and old, dress up and meet with friends and take the whole of the Road. Sometimes stopping for a Gelato or Coffee.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

24-09-2016, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's interesting that a painting can evoke memories personal to us, something that a photograph probably wouldn't do unless we had been to that particular place. I suppose that's the beauty of paintings.
Yes you are right Longdogs

Some paintings are so evocative and bring back memories.

Also some paintings that are beautifully constructed, are not as popular as some with Crooked Houses and wrong perspective and would not pass A Level Art Exam are very popular!

The difference is simply,,..one of them has got Soul .

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

24-09-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
That is very nice and I love the colours.
Thank you so much Puddle Duck
I love the colours too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top