Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Mobile Phones in Prisons.

Hi

The Government is supposed to be protecting us, it isn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-35411297

The technology exists, why we do not use it is beyond me.

I am not concerned about the cost, I just want it stopped.

Using these mobiles to arrange the importation of Automatic Weapons is a complete no no.

The sooner we get some Politicians with some common sense the better.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Re: Mobile Phones in Prisons.

Same here Swim, mobile phones are constantly being taken off prisoners, locking them up in solitary is the only way to stop repeat offenders, but when they let them back out into the general section, they are back on the phone and on their Facebook page. It's an absolute disgrace.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Prisoners are meant to suffer some deprivation and mobile phones/Facebook should be part of that!! Does no-one check these things?!!
Oh, for someone with a bit of backbone..
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 12:39 PM

Morning Swim,Contraband has always been a problem in Prisons from A to z can be smuggled in.Sad thing is it is usually Guards that do it.Here Visitors are screened thoroughly but still a little something makes it way in,There was a report on the news about using Drones to drop drugs off in prison yards.Prisoners can be very resourceful,there were several guards caught late last year smuggling drugs and cell phones into Alabama prisons.Usually from gangs they set up deals and from what the newspaper reported some were busted with drugs-cell phones- alcohol-ipads-you name it.It's kinda like going to the Mall,there is everything there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
Morning Swim,Contraband has always been a problem in Prisons from A to z can be smuggled in.Sad thing is it is usually Guards that do it.Here Visitors are screened thoroughly but still a little something makes it way in,There was a report on the news about using Drones to drop drugs off in prison yards.Prisoners can be very resourceful,there were several guards caught late last year smuggling drugs and cell phones into Alabama prisons.Usually from gangs they set up deals and from what the newspaper reported some were busted with drugs-cell phones- alcohol-ipads-you name it.It's kinda like going to the Mall,there is everything there.
Hi

I know, we will never stop the smuggling in, but we do have the technology to block the signals to the phones, rendering them useless.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Do you really believe automatic weapons are smuggled into UK prisons?
Nah, it ain't happening.

Mobiles are being used but mainly to contact families or organise drug deliveries.

The top security prisons do have the technology to block or locate mobiles and it's used.

No matter what you do drugs will always be available, this is nothing new, it's been going on for years.

Some officers turn a blind eye to cannabis use in the knowledge that a drugged prisoner is a happy prisoner and who can blame them?
Our prison officers have absolutely no protection against attack except in numbers abs as each wing is woefully understaffed that counts for little.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Do you really believe automatic weapons are smuggled into UK prisons?
Nah, it ain't happening.

Mobiles are being used but mainly to contact families or organise drug deliveries.

The top security prisons do have the technology to block or locate mobiles and it's used.

No matter what you do drugs will always be available, this is nothing new, it's been going on for years.

Some officers turn a blind eye to cannabis use in the knowledge that a drugged prisoner is a happy prisoner and who can blame them?
Our prison officers have absolutely no protection against attack except in numbers abs as each wing is woefully understaffed that counts for little.
Hi

Apologies if I did not not make myself clear.

Of course I do not think that Automatic Weapons are smuggled into UK Prisons.

However a mobile phone has been used from inside a Prison to arrange the smuggling of Automatic Weapons into the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ison_-_Act.pdf
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 05:30 PM

My apologies SF, my fault for speed reading.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
True. Prisons are no deterrent to criminal behaviour these days. They should be a punishment, not just a means of removing offenders from the law abiding public.

Victorian prisons are the answer. No pool tables, TVs, etc. Make the buggers work for their food. An excellent Victorian example was the 'screw' (from which the slang for prison warders came): a box with a handle which had a friction brake applied to it. The criminal had to turn it for hours. It didn't do anything, but it was hard work!

If prisoners are not allowed to congregate in large numbers, it would be much safer for the prison officers. Let them out of their cells for an hour or so on a rota basis; never any more than the number of prison officers. Food can be delivered to their cells.

I have an even better idea to add to this: much shorter prison sentences, but interspersed with regular sessions of corporal punishment. That would make them think twice about re-offending.

Oh, hang on, I forgot -
'Yooman rights'.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 06:04 PM

Aye, bread and water, bring it on!! I'm serious, we're too flippin' soft!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top