Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:07 AM

Happy Mothers' Day

It's Mothers Day so all the best to all the mums out there. Have a good one.

According to the Save the Children Fund 2013 report Scandinavia is the safest place to be a mother.

All the top 10 countries safest country are in Europe except #10 (Australia )

The UK was 23rd and the USA 30th. The best place in Asia was Singapore (15th) The worst place in the world for mothers (and their babies) is the Congo.

The report makes interesting reading.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Re: Happy Mothers' Day

It is here in Australia anyway - and the US. I believe it's in March in the UK.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 04:14 AM

It's our Mother's Day in Canada (still Sat. evg here). Thanks Bruce - interesting reading.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
It is here in Australia anyway - and the US. I believe it's in March in the UK.
The UK has Mothering Sunday - its a Christian thing and the date varies depending on Lent (I think)

Definitely not the same as our pagan Mothers' Day
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 08:42 AM

Everyday is mothers day in our family, the children bless them are always in contact with mum, no matter where we are.
My mother meant a lot to me too, I could still cry thinking of the way she passed.
I suppose we are a very close knit family, and have been brought up to look after our elders.
Even though mum and dad lived 120 miles away, I still saw them on a weekly basis.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 09:08 AM

I was taught Mothering Sunday which here falls in the middle of Lent was traditionally a day when those who worked away from home were allowed back to see their Mothers and to take them a bunch of wild flowers .

Enjoy your Mothers day those of you who hold it today..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top