Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:27 AM

Birdsong

Went for an early walk up to the Farm Shop this morning and it was a real joy! The Sparrows were gossiping in the hedgerows, the Rooks were arguing in the tree tops, there was a Woodpecker doing some D.I.Y. I couldn't see him but could hear the drilling and there were Blackbirds by the dozen all singing their lovely songs. It was really heart lifting!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 09:36 AM

Re: Birdsong

I love the dawn chorus, i often find a place to sit just to listen to birdsong, its a useful way to find and ID birds.

Soon they will stop as they will have families to support,they then go on to contact calls, which also provide ways to find birds.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 01:02 PM

We go off early with the dog and birdsong is all you can hear at that time of the morning. Its brilliant as well as the normal bunch we get the geese and the angry squawking of herons, there are a lot of cuckoo calls too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I love the dawn chorus, i often find a place to sit just to listen to birdsong, its a useful way to find and ID birds.

Soon they will stop as they will have families to support,they then go on to contact calls, which also provide ways to find birds.
I love the dawn chorus too. Can hear lots of birds from my front porch early a.m's.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

I am sure a few of the birds on here will give you a chorus if it makes you happy Nom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:47 PM

By the way, has anyone heard a cuckoo yet?

I love to hear them but I didn't hear any last year, nor this year as yet.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2017, 10:53 PM

I agree ST

I'm so lucky to live in a cul-de-sac on the edge of the countryside and surrounded by woods
The morning birdsong is glorious
Nature rejoicing

But a summer evening is even better
I have recorded the sounds so many times I wish I could post them on here...
It smacks of the tropics sometimes
The sound of crickets and/or grasshoppers adding to the wild chorus of sound
And the sight of bats flying so low and near
I love those evenings
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-05-2017, 10:55 PM

I bet you do, that sounds beautiful, Rhian.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
By the way, has anyone heard a cuckoo yet?

I love to hear them but I didn't hear any last year, nor this year as yet.
Went to site last week that is good for them, sadly a gale was blowing straight in off the North sea so no show.

Sadly missed a Black-browed Albatross yesterday passing up the North east coast, seen in Yorkshire and Northumberland. 1972 the last time one was seen up here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Where do the cuckoos go to when they leave here Nom?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top