Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 01:00 PM

chronic sinusitus

My sister is a doctor so I asked her about my sinus problems. she said it could last for up to 12 weeks if it was a viral infection... as anti biotics would not help...she is right I checked online.....at least the painkillers are making a difference now, that makes me feel a little better but 12 weeks feeling like this
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Re: chronic sinusitus

Hi Steve, at least you know it will end .......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 01:33 PM

Steve I can empathise with you I have had a respiratory virus since mid January affecting my chest and sinuses and I can't get rid of it. I sound as though I have a really bad cold all the time . It is also making my neck and shoulders ache. I had a dentist appointment this morning twice postponed because of my virus so kept it. I was dreading it but it was ok.

I haven't had any medication other than my usual asthma inhaler and pain killers.
Inhaling steam can help a little...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 01:44 PM

It seems you may have to wait a bit longer for it to clear Meg - awful when there is no cure and you have to put up with it .......
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 03:27 PM

At least it is real .......I manage to sleep last night , just, I feel crap in the morning with no energy but not to bad after lunch......until its bed time then I am totally washed out..I will have to hope it passes quick .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2014, 04:46 PM

If you can get yer sleep, that's a big help ..... if you feel you have no energy, maybe try a tonic, have a word with a pharmacist Steve ....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 04:51 PM

There is a lot of this chest and upper respiratory viruses/infections around at the moment that are not shifting.
I too have it and at the moment am on a second course of antibiotics.
Mine started on the 3rd January and is still proving difficult to shift.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

10-03-2014, 09:06 PM

I have just over a week to clear it ......I have a job interview next Thursday...would be just my luck if i was to turn up sick ...I lost out on a interview last year had the norovirus and was all i could do to stop myself from throwing up .....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 10:11 AM

I was reading some literature about illness the other week Steve and
it said that a lack of zinc in the diet may be the cause of some of these
long dragged out illnesses. A week or so on zinc tablets might cure it quicker than waiting. Hope it goes well for you. Get better soon.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

12-03-2014, 10:23 AM

MY cough fatigue and facial is now subsiding plus i am not as short as breath now, however i wake myself up at night when i breath it sounds like i am blowing bubbles through a straw ..gurgle gurgle...strange as i dont have any secretions even a good walk with the dogs didn't shift anything. I still got 3 days of antibiotics so hopefully by then ..back to normal ..or its back to the doctors...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top