Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 12:41 AM

David Attenborough

Did anybody else see "Life Story" on BBC tonight?
I knew swans and geese pair for life, but it truly brought a lump to my throat to see that Albatross waiting for his mate to return, and the loving reception he gave her when she did - marvellous.

The only thing that irritates me about the programme is the wretched deafening music that almost swamps out all natural sounds and D.A. talking even. I wouldn't mind so much if it were very subtle background noise, but its FAR too loud and spoils it for me.
Where, in the middle of nowhere, would you suddenly get a vast 30 piece orchestra start up!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 01:05 AM

Re: David Attenborough

Sounds like a lovely programme Mups I will try to catch it later...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 09:59 AM

Enjoying this series, can't say the music spoils it for me although it is a little loud at times.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 10:12 AM

I agree with you, Mups. If a programme has to have background music then it should be exactly that - background and unobtrusive. Too many lovely nature programmes have been ruined by inappropriate music.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Attenborough (sigh) the master
I have learnt so much from him over the years - usually shed some tears as it can be emotional.
The film crew are to be applauded also, they have the patience to wait and wait for those glorious shots .......
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:29 AM

The most wonderful thing about the advent of colour tv was the wildlife programmes; the filming techniques were really taking off then too. These programmes would be the Christmas Day highlight (along with Morecambe and Wise of course).

And David Attenborough has to high on the list of heroes (please, please, never let there be any sordid revelations about him or his long and apparently happy marriage). Music - should be subtle and serve the pictures, people can't seem to watch anything without having their emotions directed by 'appropriate' loud music, I do think there's an increasing trend for that. But this series is awesomely beautiful and moving.

On a grumpy old woman note: never mind the music, why do they have to spoil the end of programmes and the credits, when you're processing the emotions generated, by intrusive visuals and voiceovers touting the next programme, in case you are lured to another channel? And even worse, do spoiler trailers for the next episode of series? HATE it.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 08:16 PM

I too hate these spoilers for any programme. I remember when they started and for me I never watched that programme or even went to see the film. Cant believe only me feels that way.
Love DA and so does one of my cats. Rio is a DA watcher and loves the
wild life. She loved the Bower Bird and his antics to attract the mate.
I loved the male Albatross waiting for his mate. The week before she couldn't take her eyes off of the Meercats looking for food and well what
can you say about DA. Been a fan since the first wildlife programme I saw
with him in Africa and I think I was 12. So many decades ago.
May he long continue. Bless him.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 09:24 PM

DA is definitely a national treasure !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:57 AM

Mups - I'm surprised you didn't mention the wonderful fish that made the beautiful sculpture for his gal - truly off the scale for wonder - Blue Planet was a favourite for me, to see all the wonders beneath the sea, such clever little creatures ..........
As for the glorious birds, they always bring a smile and a tear - again they are a joy to behold
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 11:59 PM

Yes you're right Patsy, nature never ceases to amaze me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top