Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 06:00 AM

Buddy Rich: I'm now a convert.

Sat having breakfast I'm flicking through the channels.
I stop on one with a Jazz band.....lead by Buddy Rich.

Now I've never been a big fan of his having never really seen much of his work but......I'm now a convert.

I was mesmerised by his ability, speed and sometimes aggression.

His numerous techniques added to the experience of watching a master at work.

A quick Google informed that Rich couldn't read music and would often employ a drummer to play new music/compositions at rehearsals, once Rich had heard it once...he was free to replicate what he had heard and adapt it to suit him.

Awesome
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 04:18 PM

Re: Buddy Rich: I'm now a convert.

Yes he is rather a wonder of the world of jazz, I've long thought all the very best musicians, the ones who can really make a unique sound and undestand their instruments are jazz players.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 04:32 PM

Re: Buddy Rich: I'm now a convert.

My late father (drummer with small dance band ... evenings/weekends) was a huge fan of Buddy Rich.

Even I, at a young age, was able to appreciate him.

That says a lot

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top