Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 07:31 AM

Road Tolls.

Hi

I am doing the airport run tomorrow, to Liverpool.

I use the Mersey Bridge in Runcorn, which is currently free.

They are building a new bridge which opens this month, with a £2 each way Toll.

As soon as that opens they are closing the old bridge for a year for repairs.

When that reopens they are putting tolls on it when now it is free.

This seriously annoys me.

Unless you register, which costs money, you will have to ring up to pay, which is just more hassle.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Re: Road Tolls.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am doing the airport run tomorrow, to Liverpool.

I use the Mersey Bridge in Runcorn, which is currently free.

They are building a new bridge which opens this month, with a £2 each way Toll.

As soon as that opens they are closing the old bridge for a year for repairs.

When that reopens they are putting tolls on it when now it is free.

This seriously annoys me.

Unless you register, which costs money, you will have to ring up to pay, which is just more hassle.

Yet another scumbag 'nasty party' trick to wring more money from you!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 08:36 AM

The Dartford crossing was supposed to be free once it had been paid for, but no...
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The Dartford crossing was supposed to be free once it had been paid for, but no...
Perk of being registered disabled free of charge.

My only beef with this toll is that it is contracted to yet another foriegn company.A multi million pound contract awarded to a French company Sanef to keep Dartford free flowing. Just how many of the tolls around the UK are farmed out to other countries instead of allowing British firms to run them.

Just what is wrong with our Governments no matter who is in power they always look overseas to give contracts out.

Look at the National Lottery the bleeding Canadians are now running that to build up their teachers pensions. What about our bloody teachers pensions. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gets off his soapbox and walks away.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:36 AM

I read somewhere that both the Mersey tunnels were supposed to be free once they had paid for themselves.
These are just more taxes forced onto motorists.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:39 AM

There was an interview with a ready mix concrete company boss who also owned a skip business and he claimed his running costs would be an extra £60k per year when the toll comes in.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Toll roads being investigated right now on Rip off Britain
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Toll roads being investigated right now on Rip off Britain
Yes, I watched that.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 02:02 PM

The bridge over the Tamar at Plymouth into Cornwall has always been a toll. At first it was to pay for the bridge, but now I think it's to subsidise the ferry crossing from Plymouth to Torpoint. You only pay one way, coming back into Plymouth. It's gone up to £1.50 per car, vans, lorries etc pay more.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2017, 05:43 PM

The Bristol Suspension Bridge is a toll bridge, £1 each way for cars and motor bikes .... pedestrians cross free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top