Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 12:53 PM

Bar-codes for NHS patients???

Matt Hancock the new incoming Health Secretary to succeed Jeremy Hunt has come up with a wizard wheeze - to brand every NHS patient with a bar-code (not!!!)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8456076.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Re: Bar-codes for NHS patients???

Good idea!

Though maybe he needs to update the Fax machines first
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Where does he intend to put them? On your Butt? He'll be horse kicked if he comes anywhere near me with his branding iron..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 02:40 PM

Great idea, they are already doing it at our local hospital. Whoever has your notes just scans the barcode and all the patient's history is available to them, and if you are admitted for anything your wristband and any belongings such as bags or medications are given the same code, so no mistaking ownership or identity. Brilliant idea...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Great idea, they are already doing it at our local hospital. Whoever has your notes just scans the barcode and all the patient's history is available to them, and if you are admitted for anything your wristband and any belongings such as bags or medications are given the same code, so no mistaking ownership or identity. Brilliant idea...

As I've said elsewhere on the forum, my Health trust have given each patient a patient number which is used on all correspondence and wrist bands etc, etc. I have (because I attend hospital weekly) memorised my patient number and can quote it 'off the top of my head' - makes conversations with Doctors and Nurses a lot easier as they can access my file on their Ipads in seconds.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Our hospitals here have been using this system for a few years, they even stuck the number on my husband's own crutches last year
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Our hospitals here have been using this system for a few years, they even stuck the number on my husband's own crutches last year
And mine Mags....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Where does he intend to put them? On your Butt? He'll be horse kicked if he comes anywhere near me with his branding iron..
There you go Roxy, you were right, on your crutch!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

22-07-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
There you go Roxy, you were right, on your crutch!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 02:38 PM

Bar codes?...jeeze..never heard of such a thing..but I steer well clear of Doc's/hospitals...so far..so good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top