Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:28 PM

Ocado not bringing shopping in either...

I usually shop with Ocado and went on to order a shop and there's a message up

"In light of the current Coronavirus situation, we are unable to bring your shopping into your home at the moment. We also ask you not to hand your used bags back to your driver"

So now got to try and figure out how I can get my shopping in when they leave it just outside the door! Gonna have to do an order at some point if this is going to go on for months!

Maybe they're all going to be doing that now?

Susan
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:01 PM

Re: Ocado not bringing shopping in either...

Hi Susan I recieved this e.mail off Tescos late yesterday after I cancelled my delivery. I also sent a reply saying that they had posted to late as I had already cancelled this weeks order.
I see they are going to restart using bags again to help people get their goods indoors.I may order next weeks and save the boy coming from London.
++++++++
Hello Mr Longfellow,
We understand what a worrying time this is, so we want to make sure that essentials are available to as many customers as possible, and that we can keep delivering to you safely. We’re also working with Public Health England to get their latest advice, so we can prepare for any further developments.

Grocery buying limits
To help everyone have access to the essentials, we may put some common-sense buying limits on certain products - you’ll be able to see buying limits on the individual product pages. We’ll do our best to keep shelves stocked up but at times, we may have low or no availability of some items. Of course, where possible, we’ll pick a suitable substitute for you which you can choose to keep or ask your driver to take back.

Booking a delivery slot
As there may be more customers than normal booking deliveries, you may find that there aren’t as many slots available, so it’s a good idea to try and book further ahead. Don’t forget, you can make amends to your order up until 11.45pm on the day before your delivery.

If you’re a Delivery Saver customer on a paid plan, we’ll still be opening priority Easter slots on Monday 16 March. But demand for slots will be exceptionally high, so please book your slots as early as you can.

Deliveries and advice if you are self-isolating
We want to deliver to you as safely as possible, so please let us know if you’re in self-isolation by telling us in the delivery instructions box when you order online. To be on the safe side, our drivers will be asking everyone they deliver to if they’re self-isolating, so please don’t be offended if you’re asked.

Following the Government’s advice on preventing the spread of COVID-19, if you’re self-isolating, your driver won’t be able to come into your home. But to help make things easier, although we have a bagless policy, we’ll provide clean shopping bags which your driver will use to pack your shopping for you at your door. Lastly, to avoid having to touch our signature touchpad devices, your driver will ask if you’re happy with everything and then sign the order for you.

We hope that this information has been helpful and we’ll do our best to keep your online shopping experience as smooth as possible.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:26 PM

well ocado usually bring my shopping into the kitchen and just put the stuff on the floor so i can unpack it.

Their site seems to suggest they aren't intending to go into anyone's home whether they have it or not.

There's nothing on Morrisons site suggesting they won't come in (have used them before too) I may just contact them to check and use Morrisons instead.

I understand delivery drivers maybe afraid of getting it especially if they are on like zero hours contracts, a family to feed and can't afford not to work but it will make it difficult for disabled people living alone especially if things get worse (am thinking of the dogs 12kg bags of kibble in particular as no way I'd manage to get them in from outside).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:16 AM

It's a problem isn't it. I'm sure the drivers would love to help everyone, particularly the elderly and vulnerable but they could (a) give the virus to the customer or (b) catch the virus and no longer be able to deliver to anyone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:23 AM

I should any of the delivery firms will be doing the same any time now.
Can't blame them in a way.

I have got my monthly dog food order coming tomorrow (I hope), but luckily I can still bring it in myself if he leaves it outside.
I can usually book delivery for the next day on a one hour time slot, but they must be very busy as they couldn't deliver for a week this time. Never known that before.

People will have to invest in a sack barrow if they are alone and can't lift stuff. Can't think of any other way to shift heavy things.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 12:25 AM

I reckon most would at least throw it past the front door.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I reckon most would at least throw it past the front door.
Ah yes that will be scrambled eggs all week for me..

Hey Mups you have just reminded me I have a sack barrow in my outhouse will have to fetch that indoors. I used it delivering the papers for Menzies in the early 90's.
God I am old..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Ah yes that will be scrambled eggs all week for me..

Hey Mups you have just reminded me I have a sack barrow in my outhouse will have to fetch that indoors. I used it delivering the papers for Menzies in the early 90's.
God I am old..

Hiya bigfella.

I might have to get my old one out the shed and oil the wheels again soon too.
Mine is very old. I got it second hand at about 40 yrs ago.
There are no rubber grips on the handles any more and the rubber tyres are long gone too, so it makes quite a racket wheeling along on metal wheels, but I manage.

Perhaps we're lucky to have one even.
longfellow
Chatterbox

15-03-2020, 01:37 AM

Mups if you have any electrical tape or better still any Duct Tape hanging about the house, use that on the handles to give you some grip.
Cannot help with the wheels girl.

Perhaps you should invest in a platform truck from Toolstation you would have it in a couple of days free delivery if you spend a tenner or more. I always use them.

https://www.toolstation.com/platform-truck/p46512
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 07:44 AM

Or use a wheel barrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top