Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Am I on the right Planet?

I was reading this article about Jennifer Aniston, I used to like her and thought she was a level headed person. It seems she keeps the ashes of her former Therapist in a PLASTIC BAG!, she says, "It's kinda morbid", no its not Jennifer, everybody does it. She continues, "I thought of her sort of like a Mom and I went to her funeral, they SPLIT HER UP into little bags and handed her out like party favours." Milk chocolate Smarties anyone?.
I got a new prayer for tonight, Oh God, in your wisdom and mercy, I beseech you, don't let me be split up and stored in plastic bags.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Re: Am I on the right Planet?

She's not on my planet! ........that is gross
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 09:59 PM

God, if she had a brain, she'd be dangerous! What a grossly morbid thing to do. No she's not on this earth, she is definitely on Fullers earth
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 10:47 PM

However sentimental that was meant to be, keeping the bag is creepy. Maybe everybody who received ashes was meant to scatter them somewhere special?

Edited to say when my ex father-in-law was cremated one of his offspring, who does ceramics and pottery, mixed some of his ashes into her work and then gave them to members of the family. He had a sense of humour though - might have had a good chuckle over leaving his traces in an ashtray or coffee mug.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:59 PM

I'm a born-again atheist so in the big plan of things I don't suppose it matters but, having said that, is that what the therapist would have wanted. No, that is morbid, even on my level of perception of the afterlife.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:10 AM

Hmm that does seem very weird. I met somebody a couple of months ago who had some of her daughter's ashes in a locket and also had a ring made from them!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:12 AM

that is really weird, however i know a few people who have kept a small amount of ashes of a loved one, and have said it gave them comfort, its not something i would feel the need to do though it would give me the creeps.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I was reading this article about Jennifer Aniston, I used to like her and thought she was a level headed person. It seems she keeps the ashes of her former Therapist in a PLASTIC BAG!, she says, "It's kinda morbid", no its not Jennifer, everybody does it. She continues, "I thought of her sort of like a Mom and I went to her funeral, they SPLIT HER UP into little bags and handed her out like party favours." Milk chocolate Smarties anyone?.
I got a new prayer for tonight, Oh God, in your wisdom and mercy, I beseech you, don't let me be split up and stored in plastic bags.
Creepy...
You would think she could have found a nice little box to keep them in
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:48 AM

Yeh, a placky bag is a bit cheapskate isn't it. I wonder where the placky bag is kept. I mean, where would you keep a placky bag with somebody's remains in it?

Somebody might mistake it for summat you snort and get high on it!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 01:11 AM

You'd keep it in your knicker drawer obviously!!!! I enlisted a placky bag today to keep our Tesco vouchers in lol Seems far more appropriate somehow.. they're in a kitchen drawer though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top