Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

31-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Gnashing of teeth

I wonder how many there are gnashing their teeth because their routine has been upset with advent of the olympic Games being shown on nearly every channel availible.

I, fortunately, have no love at all for "soaps" , games shows, quiz's etc etc which so many avidly watch day in out, so I don't have a problem when --Olympics --tennis --- golf --- football --- invades our screens for a short while, I seldom watch more than an hour a day, and that is usually the news or a political programme.

How many of you out there ---------- are gnashing your teeth.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 11:31 AM

Re: Gnashing of teeth

It doesn't bother me, the Olympics are on BBC, and I never watch that side, although the wife watches Eastenders and Casualty, but they are on BBC2 now.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 11:59 AM

The televising of the Olympics doesn't bother me either or disrupt my routine - Bits of some events I may watch and there are plenty of channels for other programmes if I wan't to watch them; so no bother at all.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 01:04 PM

I couldn't care less, I record things anyway and watch when I can. We're almost ready to start Harvesting so TV will not be given a thought.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

31-07-2012, 01:13 PM

A slight exaggeration there Jonsey............that's not like you ...............the Olympics are mainly on the BBC channels and there are plenty of other channels to watch. Personally I'm enjoying watching the olympics but I can still tune in to my old favourites Emmerdale and Corrie. Best of both worlds I call that.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Dont know what your fussing about, and kindly dont tell me what I watch.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 03:52 PM

Having said I wasn't going to watch any of the Olympics ... I have.
I watched the cycle race and some weighlifting. Some of them guys have the cutest bums and it seems a shame not to admire them after all their training.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 06:39 PM

We have declared an "Olympic Free Zone", and it's not a problem television wise, but the real bug bear is my daily paper, which has now reduced to around twenty pages of ordinary news and articles, and increased it's sport to around fifty pages... I'm not gnashing my teeth however, but I am a little peeved.....

Thank goodness I've got my Kindle...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 08:48 PM

Makes absolutely no difference to me. It has been on one of our televisions since the opening ceremony.
I don't much bother with day time telly and when I decide I want to watch something and my OH doesn't, he watches it on another telly, in another room.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

31-07-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Makes absolutely no difference to me. It has been on one of our televisions since the opening ceremony.
I don't much bother with day time telly and when I decide I want to watch something and my OH doesn't, he watches it on another telly, in another room.
ooops Maz, that just proves how much I watch Telly lolol

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top