Join for free
Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Re: The despicable scumbags!!!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So she's on 63 hours altogether?
The last bit about her boyfriend is a bit of a giveaway.

As has been pointed out I know s*d all about benefits.
Thanks for answering .. it was more a personal curiosity question.
No problem her boyfriend is the home renter so he gets the housing benefit morti from what I see they are doing best they can and doing it legally. Sadly Hermes seem to work on zero hours contracts and he may get 40 parcels one day and 2 the next. He was working on a building site but had to give that up to look after their sons on the days em does earlies, her mum fetches the kids from school and has them when she does lates.

I can't fault them as a couple they work hard as they can but their little two bed house costs nearly £1000 a month to rent. They are on council housing list if they get a council property they would not need the top up benefits they could manage without them.

They only started claiming after he nearly had a breakdown with the worry, social services got involved, long story, and they were ones suggested claiming to take the pressure off him. It's sort of worked he isn't so worried but neither of them are proud of it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I see what you mean but I don't think it's so simple. It's housing costs causing most of the problems. We are paying out millions to house people. If we could solve that one I think many could afford to work without top up benefits.

Julie darlin' - I did propose a solution to the high cost of private rented accomodation above (post #20) but of course such a radical solution would cost many of the 'nasty party' their rental income.

The 'cap' on benefits, when it was imposed several years ago, was wrong then and is still wrong now. The 'nasty party' (as usual) have got it all wrong and are penalising the wrong people. In order to control housing costs we need to re-instate local authority Rent Officers (the wicked witch of the west abolished them back in the 1980s) with the ability to 'register' fair rents - but that would reduce the rental income that many members of the 'nasty party' have.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin' - I did propose a solution to the high cost of private rented accomodation above (post #20) but of course such a radical solution would cost many of the 'nasty party' their rental income.

The 'cap' on benefits, when it was imposed several years ago, was wrong then and is still wrong now. The 'nasty party' (as usual) have got it all wrong and are penalising the wrong people. In order to control housing costs we need to re-instate local authority Rent Officers (the wicked witch of the west abolished them back in the 1980s) with the ability to 'register' fair rents - but that would reduce the rental income that many members of the 'nasty party' have.
Yes I agree with you many won't though
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 01:13 PM

Its all about supply and demand .
There aren't enough houses.
This and estate agents have cause rents to rise.
Housing benefit keeps rents at an artificial level.
basically there has to be some cheaper alternatives .
Surely some innovative person can design cheap sustainable housing ?
And then people must not have too children that they cannot afford.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Its all about supply and demand .
There aren't enough houses.
This and estate agents have cause rents to rise.
Housing benefit keeps rents at an artificial level.
basically there has to be some cheaper alternatives .
Surely some innovative person can design cheap sustainable housing ?
And then people must not have too children that they cannot afford.
I agree but if people already have a family before claiming benefit we have to support them too. I heard at the weekend some prefabs are being trialed i will be interested in what they charge for them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Has no one ever heard of family planning ?
This is not the Victorian age when birth control was difficult.
This is 2016
We have an overcrowded planet and and over burdened infrastructure
Two children are more than enough for anyone.
Yet there are still young men and women breeding children with no thought of the future for them or their offspring confident that whatever happens the state will provide.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Has no one ever heard of family planning ?
This is not the Victorian age when birth control was difficult.
This is 2016
We have an overcrowded planet and and over burdened infrastructure
Two children are more than enough for anyone.
Yet there are still young men and women breeding children with no thought of the future for them or their offspring confident that whatever happens the state will provide.
Im a big believing in birth control muddy but as i said an example when my husband had a stroke we already had 3 kids living with us, we only needed help for a year until he got back into full time work but birth control wasnt the problem and we obviously wouldnt have added to our family while we were on benefit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Im a big believing in birth control muddy but as i said an example when my husband had a stroke we already had 3 kids living with us, we only needed help for a year until he got back into full time work but birth control wasnt the problem and we obviously wouldnt have added to our family while we were on benefit.
Cases like yours are not the problem Julie. You both paid into the system and got help when you needed it. That's what it should be for. The problem is those who keep having children because it wins them more points and more benefits.

I Personally I have never understood why I have had to pay towards other people's children anyway whether it's one, two or twenty but that's the way it works and I'm fine with that but as mentioned, no one is going to give me £120 + to get dental treatment.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 11:39 PM

People don't have a divine right to live in any given area just because their forefathers did.......
That's what the Poms kept telling those Aborigine "savages".
And then shot them if they disagreed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2016, 07:38 AM

So when are you going to give Sydney back to the First People ?

Page 19 of 22 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top