Join for free
Page 35 of 46 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:21 PM

Re: General Brexit discussion posts split from 'How did you vote thread'

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's not about lesson plans it's about not allowing the kids to even ask probing questions about eu, about not allowing them to develop any other way than left, I've seen and no I don't agree with him a boy ridiculed by teacher for his right wing ideals, it's not right to try to mould all kids the same way. Teachers should be neutral politically not pushing Europe and left wing ideals.
Are you seriously blasting the entire teaching profession because of one story told about one teacher?

I have been in front of many class discussing one thing and kids try to deflect the lesson by asking about an entirely different thing.

Since I wasn't there (and were you?) I cannot comment except to say that if this were true someone should report it.

But it is easier to accept the tale because it suits an agenda and reinforces a prejudice.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to disagree.

80% of EU Legislation is done under the Qualified Majority Rule, so we just get outvoted and have to implement it.

The remaining 20% has to be unanimous, so we do have a veto on it.

Then of course we have the issue here in the UK as to how we implement it.

Lots of EU Regulations are either ignored or bypassed by member states, unfortunately not here in the UK.
What I said is tue. Research it and you will find I am correct. No draft proposal is accepted on the nod without first being approved by this committee.
If they feel they have an issue with the draft proposal it goes to either a subject specific parliamentary sub committee or to the house for debate.

If the House has issues with something it is brought up by UK MEP's in Brussels, and either discussed in the EU arty they are members of or if the UK wants to go alone, brought up in full Parliament.

This is how the UK got all its opt outs, and Ireland and Belgium got their wishes satisfied.

When then final draft is agreed after changes it goes to a vote where your QM is relevant.

There are three kind of regulation...one that has to be done all the same way. One that can be done but not to a specific time and in a way each country wants, and one is a suggestion that can be ignored.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...explained.html

The EU can do no more to recognise individual requests. In very few instances countries are told what to do without discussion.

That prominent leavers are on this committee I find interesting that this was never mentioned or revealed during the referendum. Lying by omission?
Flicker
France

04-01-2017, 12:35 PM

And there was me thinking he had to leave because he can't stand we are coming out. Seems he's not alone in that either I think we may see a few others go before this is all over.
No.

If you read his letter to his team he makes it clear the is fed up with the shilly-shallying of the govt he is supposed to work for but who keep him in the dark.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Well it seems one important and loyal insider in the Civil Service is jumping ship because of the lack of coordination, plan and lack of direction.

The govt hasn't kept Sir Ivan in the loop with just two months to go before talks start. How can he do anything with just two months notice at most? He has to prepare information, positions, decide on flexibility, get a team together; coordinate with the UK govt...you cannot do all that in two months!

and further it is stupid to negotiate with people whom you don't know their oppositions, why they take them up or what they are willing to give away.

So the only conclusion is that the govt has no idea what it wants or how it is going to get it.

Oops.
Hi

It is the job of Civil Servants to advise on the practicalities, not on Policy, that is for the Politicians, who are elected, Civil Servants are not.

That is an important difference.

We are a democracy, we should remain so, not be run by unelected technocrats.

So, for example, in this instance, it is not the job of the Civil Servants to tell the Politicians whether to have a Hard or a Soft Brexit.

It is however their job to advise on the practicalities.

Politicians often forget these, they think thay have a magic wand, they don't.

It could well be that he has told them that if they want a Hard Brexit then they will need two new computer systems, major structural alterations to ports and airports, which will have to have Planning Permission and they will need several thousands new customs and immigration staff and that whilst all this is feasible, it cannot be done in the timescale they want.

Nothing wrong with that, the Politicians just want to get a move on and get them in place as soon as possible.

They are not doing that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:44 PM

Hi

Well, once again I will have to disagree with you on the way the system works.

Qualified Majority means even if we disagree we get outvoted, simply because draft legislation does not all have to be unanimously approved.
Flicker
France

04-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well, once again I will have to disagree with you on the way the system works.

Qualified Majority means even if we disagree we get outvoted, simply because draft legislation does not all have to be unanimously approved.
The final vote in Brussels is taken after all negotiation, changes and jiggery pokery has been settled and nations have the changes they want.

All draft proposals have to pass thru national govt.
If the UK rubber taps something that says they agree. If they want to change something they have the chance.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 12:47 PM

It's not about lesson plans it's about not allowing the kids to even ask probing questions about eu, about not allowing them to develop any other way than left, I've seen and no I don't agree with him a boy ridiculed by teacher for his right wing ideals, it's not right to try to mould all kids the same way. Teachers should be neutral politically not pushing Europe and left wing ideals.
Not only is it 'not right', I'd suggest it is illegal to attempt to convince young people that they must vote for a left-wing (or any specific) political party. It's not too dissimilar to those muslim schools that were 'outed' recently.
Where is OFSTED?
Flicker
France

04-01-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not only is it 'not right', I'd suggest it is illegal to attempt to convince young people that they must vote for a left-wing (or any specific) political party. It's not too dissimilar to those muslim schools that were 'outed' recently.
Where is OFSTED?
Julie is incorrect and OFSTED is there to make sure what she says does not happen.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Julie is incorrect and OFSTED is there to make sure what she says does not happen.
Of course I am I only have had four kids go through the system seen how the eu is held up as the best and we have to be scared to go it alone. I've seen UKIP kids made to look like worst racists etc. You are in the system and if how you behave here is how you behaved in the classroom gawd help us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Of course I am I only have had four kids go through the system seen how the eu is held up as the best and we have to be scared to go it alone. I've seen UKIP kids made to look like worst racists etc. You are in the system and if how you behave here is how you behaved in the classroom gawd help us.
I don't read any of her blatherings but, having read your comments and some others, I take it she is/was a teacher. Here or in France?

In any event, I have come across some teachers who should not really be in the profession and I get the impression that she may be one of them.

Page 35 of 46 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top