Join for free
Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:08 PM

Re: GP Surgeries

Just be as honest as you can Nom, that's all you can do.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 04:17 PM

It wouldn't matter how many GPs worked in our local surgery...even if they all worked 7 days a week...because getting passed Petra the Surgery Manager is like trying to foil the Gestapo
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:11 PM

Nothing worse than arsey doctors office staff.
It totally unacceptable .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2017, 09:18 PM

We used to have receptionists at our local GP practice who were difficult to get past and seemed to regard themselves as unqualified doctors!

More recently, for some reason, they have changed and are now much more easy to deal with. No more of this trying to triage or even diagnose. Perhaps someone has complained.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 11:56 AM

We're lucky here, our GP receptionists are really nice and friendly and give good advice.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 12:47 PM

It made me smile when I heard that Teresa May was going to make the doctors open 7 days a week or withhold funding.

Our surgery decided that they were going to open late one night a week for people who worked after 5 pm. It didn't last very long as they said no one used this facility. That is because you could not get the receptionist to give you an evening appointment. If there was one going during the day she insisted you had that one. When I mentioned it to the doctor they just said you should have insisted? It is also like many closed at the weekend.

We have what I call a village hospital which used to be very handy for us as you didn't have to go 9 miles into the city for the hospital. They stopped us going to that one after 5 pm as they said it was only being used by drunks.

I will wait and see what happens for us.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 01:17 PM

Doesn't everybody have an out of hours surgery? If I phone 111 and tell them what the problem is, they usually pass me to a triage nurse. If she can't help over the phone then she makes an appointment for me to see an out of hours GP at a unit attached to our local A&E. There are usually a couple of doctors there to examine you and prescribe medicine to treat your illness.
They are always there over the weekends and, having used them myself, I find they are just as good as your own GP. I suspect they are doctors, from local GP surgeries, who have agreed to work the extra hours.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It wouldn't matter how many GPs worked in our local surgery...even if they all worked 7 days a week...because getting passed Petra the Surgery Manager is like trying to foil the Gestapo

If she becomes too much, write a letter to your local health board about her.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Doesn't everybody have an out of hours surgery?
If I phone 111 and tell them what the problem is, they usually pass me to a triage nurse. If she can't help over the phone then she makes an appointment for me to see an out of hours GP at a unit attached to our local A&E.
There are usually a couple of doctors there to examine you and prescribe medicine to treat your illness.
They are always there over the weekends and, having used them myself, I find they are just as good as your own GP.
I suspect they are doctors, from local GP surgeries, who have agreed to work the extra hours.
Sounds like a pretty good National Health Service to me.
Is all that cost-free, to boot ?

If so, and I presume Cheshire doesn't get 'special attention',
I think I can sniff some 'whinging Poms' in the air.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Sounds like a pretty good National Health Service to me.
Is all that cost-free, to boot ?

If so, and I presume Cheshire doesn't get 'special attention',
I think I can sniff some 'whinging Poms' in the air.
Not really.

Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top