Join for free
Page 628 of 1676 « First < 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 728 1128 1628 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wet one? just curious!
Naughty bear
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
yes,gumbum,'transactional analysis'...except...the neurons in the grey matter give off fields of energy as they activate-and that electrical field can,and in certain cases does,interfere with or even on occasion,adversely affect,the efficiency and cogitational responses of adherent synaptic nerves powering the hippocampus-which in turn negates the efficiency of the brain's ability to balance 'emotions' such as depression,memory,reason,plus several limbic reactions to what would be termed 'emotive auto-actions'. [movement without thought or plan]
Ergo,such happenings as have been described previously are actually manifestations of internalised limbic 'cross-patching',which can cause such adverse and 'out of character' incidents. But I'LL be ok-because Pooh Bear & I...well,we're both of 'very little brain'. And as Pooh Bear said [and I quote] "Mmmmm...these bacon sandwiches taste YUMMY,don't they piglet"

"Piglet?"

"Ohhh,SH1T!"
Thank you Pug for your usual excellent explanation, although a lot of the words are way beyond my little grey cells I do try to grasp as much of it as I can. Sometimes my cogitational responses are inclined to off balance my synaptic nerves and cause hippocampus in the limbic region.
I remember an old Boris Karloff film where Doctor Victor Frankenstein was building his monster, he had a collection of arms and legs at his disposal and was deeply engaged in a bit of ‘Limbic cross patching’ so that gave me a fair idea of the situation.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 01:13 PM

I have watched an awful lot of horror films in my time Gummy, but none of them ever frightened me like “The Exorcist” did, when something evil takes control of the entire body it is scary because it can actually happen. Evil does exist I don’t care what anyone says, and it’s very powerful.
If you’ve ever met a truly evil person you will know it instinctively, I did once when I was introduced to him in a pub back in the 70’s, his eyes and the clammy touch of his handshake sent a shiver down my spine, I kid you not, and though I didn’t know it at the time this monster had murdered several people, he was eventually given a couple of life sentences and died in prison.

Enough of the dreary stuff, here’s a cheery little tale.

Freddy was a carpenter, he made tables and chairs
Jenny was a stylist who shaped ladies hairs
They were both hard workers and hoped to marry one day
All was going well and the date was set for May
One lunchtime Jenny called to Freddy’s shed, cos he asked her
But she sat on his circular saw and it dis-assed her.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 01:37 PM

If you can poach salmon in the dishwasher, why can't I fry bacon on my iron?

Another thing - May day May day

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/95...p-off-pictures
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 02:37 PM

Boris karloff was good but the real frightner was him with the scary stare Bela Lugosi. You knew he wasn't looking for just a goodnight kiss when he looked at you in that way he had. As for his big cape..nuff sed on that

Mind you with a real name like Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó he was always going to trouble wasn't he.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-05-2018, 02:51 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have watched an awful lot of horror films in my time Gummy, but none of them ever frightened me like “The Exorcist” did, when something evil takes control of the entire body it is scary because it can actually happen. Evil does exist I don’t care what anyone says, and it’s very powerful.
If you’ve ever met a truly evil person you will know it instinctively, I did once when I was introduced to him in a pub back in the 70’s, his eyes and the clammy touch of his handshake sent a shiver down my spine, I kid you not, and though I didn’t know it at the time this monster had murdered several people, he was eventually given a couple of life sentences and died in prison.

Enough of the dreary stuff, here’s a cheery little tale.

Freddy was a carpenter, he made tables and chairs
Jenny was a stylist who shaped ladies hairs
They were both hard workers and hoped to marry one day
All was going well and the date was set for May
One lunchtime Jenny called to Freddy’s shed, cos he asked her
But she sat on his circular saw and it dis-assed her.
which reminds me of the book People of the Lie written by Dr M Scott Peck MD - who describes meeting and treating patients who he was convinced were affected by evilness. he categorized them as having an illness that was different from any other type of mental abreaction and could only be called 'evil' or 'possessed with evilness" - a sober read indeed!

he also conducted a number of exorcisms in his time
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
If you can poach salmon in the dishwasher, why can't I fry bacon on my iron?

Another thing - May day May day

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/95...p-off-pictures
Actually,Sweetiebabe...you can.
But it needs to be in foil and the iron has to be upside-down and stable. It also works for tortillas & Quesadillas. SEE,gumboil? Attending uni DOES have it's up-side,bruv!
[much of our 'cooking' was experimental. ...well,mental,anyway]...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 09:11 PM

Scribbles has been absorbed, made mainstream, the bottom line is as distant as ever, oh to think how many "Happy Hours" could have been spent, Skirting the Issues.

Page 628 of 1676 « First < 128 528 578 618 626 627 628 629 630 638 678 728 1128 1628 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top