Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:07 AM

Re: Islamaphobia

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I repeat, "there is no such thing as Islamophobia".

It is a made up word used by those who would silence us.
I agree, one of those scattergun words, like bigot or racist, used by the far left like the Labour Party or the SNP and far left media organisations like the BBC, Channel 4 or The Guardian to silence honest and heartfelt concerns.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
On a serious note, I don't mind Boris, I wouldn't mind him becoming PM
I wish he would become PM. He'd stand up for this country and get us out of the EU, unlike that embarrassment of a woman who's still our PM.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As a bonus that total arsehole Dominic Grieve has threatened to resign if Boris gets the job. Go for it JB.
Yes indeed. I heard that too. Another big advantage of Boris taking over as PM.

BTW, he's BJ. I'm JB!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh, I don't know, I get some pretty grim stuff through my letterbox

On a serious note, I don't mind Boris, I wouldn't mind him becoming PM
Same here Lion , although I think we are in the minority.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I wonder why the press, mass media and the public aren't screaming that something should be done and TM needs to apologise profusely to the Islamic community.

Double standards maybe???
...And I wonder why a person who finds it acceptable to indulge in daily name calling and labeling a whole sections of our population as 'nasty scumbags' should think someone who makes a comment about the way people dress
(while defending their right to dress that way) needs to apologise or to have TM give an apology on their behalf.

Double standards maybe...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...And I wonder why a person who finds it acceptable to indulge in daily name calling and labeling a whole sections of our population as 'nasty scumbags' should think someone who makes a comment about the way people dress
(while defending their right to dress that way) needs to apologise or to have TM give an apology on their behalf.

Touche`
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Well said, Meg.

Someone putting him right was long overdue.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I wonder why the press, mass media and the public aren't screaming that something should be done and TM needs to apologise profusely to the Islamic community.

Double standards maybe???

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8480581.html

I think you've misunderstood Meg.
It's best to leave personalities out of it.

I think the point raised was why the press, media and public aren't screaming that an apology should be issued to the Islamic community?

I don't think it should. It wasn't Islamophobia. It was a valid opinion Boris make if somewhat baldly stated.

But ... if free speech is to be protected at all costs ( aside from obvious hate preaching or death threats or inciting extremism unearthed in some mosques) .... then it follows that bigotry, anti-Semitism and racism should all be redundant terms. One man's claim of such is merely another man's right of freedom of speech.
They're all oft overplayed by both ends of the spectrum.

From another point of view ... it's media hype cashing in on the governments current tenuous position with all the ongoing mither over Brexit. TM has never been on such a shaky pedestal.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I agree, one of those scattergun words, like bigot or racist, used by the far left like the Labour Party or the SNP and far left media organisations like the BBC, Channel 4 or The Guardian to silence honest and heartfelt concerns.
I agree too ...all over used words to the point of meaningless.
But ..if we must persist in using them I'm going to become anti-emetic ... as in, show willing but cloth my ears to filter out the more rabid rants.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 12:43 PM

I do find it bizarre that there has been such an over-the-top media/social media furore about idiot Boris Johnson's letter box comments, yet where is the outrage shown by these 'liberals' about the grooming, rape and abuse of thousands of vulnerable young women and girls throughout the country by primarily muslim grooming gangs. In Rotherham, accusations of rape and abuse have even been levelled at two councillors and a police officer. Strange that the liberal media is so silent about such crimes - even when they are reported, the reports are strangely muted. Despicable double standards.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mickb ->
i do find it bizarre that there has been such an over-the-top media/social media furore about idiot boris johnson's letter box comments, yet where is the outrage shown by these 'liberals' about the grooming, rape and abuse of thousands of vulnerable young women and girls throughout the country by primarily muslim grooming gangs. In rotherham, accusations of rape and abuse have even been levelled at two councillors and a police officer. Strange that the liberal media is so silent about such crimes - even when they are reported, the reports are strangely muted. Despicable double standards.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top