Join for free
Page 189 of 370 « First < 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:36 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I didn't get to the gym either. I planned to go on Monday, but things conspired against me. I managed Tuesday, plus had a good walk on my almost pain-free knees, and I'd hoped to go today as well but one of my strange "sleep sessions" came along. I don't know why but sometimes I just have no choice but to sleep until my body has had enough, because I go so sleepy. This sleep only lasted about 14 hours, but recently I went to bed feeling tired and woke up 34 hours later! :O

Definitely going to the gym tomorrow though! I hope they fix that toilet, Floydy.
34 hours sleep?! Did I read that right, Tachyon?

New toilet installed yesterday and Christened suitably.
I plan to train every day now until Monday. Some seriously hard graft needs to be addressed
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:15 AM

Yes, 34 hours. Unusual even for me, as normally if I feel a long sleep coming on it's not more than 15 to 18 hours. When I wake up I'm still tired but at least I get a standard 7 or 8 hours sleep the following night. I have no idea why this happens, and thankfully it only happens every few months. I've never met anyone else who has this happen, lol.

Glad you have a working toilet again.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 02:37 PM

Had a very good session in the "little gym" on the hydraulic machines. After two hours of constant work I felt great and could have stayed longer but I had things to do and places to go, sadly. It was one of those rare occasions when I was "in the zone".

Everything felt smooth and easy and I'd exceeded my normal reps and was working the machines faster than usual, too. I finished with a set of 150 on the stomach crunch machine and felt it was a shame to have to stop when I could have maybe done 100 more. I bet next week isn't going to be as easy!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Had a very good session in the "little gym" on the hydraulic machines. After two hours of constant work I felt great and could have stayed longer but I had things to do and places to go, sadly. It was one of those rare occasions when I was "in the zone".

Everything felt smooth and easy and I'd exceeded my normal reps and was working the machines faster than usual, too. I finished with a set of 150 on the stomach crunch machine and felt it was a shame to have to stop when I could have maybe done 100 more. I bet next week isn't going to be as easy!
Two hours is a brilliant session Tachyon, well done there. I bet the shower felt fantastic after all that work.
150+reps on the stomach cruncher. Takes me back to my glory years in bodybuilding when I'd finish off with about twenty sets ending up at near 100kg on that machine ending up with abs like cobblestones! Be nice to turn back that clock again there.

Anyway mate, you're doing amazingly well and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store next week.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-08-2018, 03:59 PM

I'm almost ashamed to post my meagre routine following Tachyon's post...

I finally made my return to the gym after six wasteful days away. What a tediously boring week. Everything that could go wrong went wrong at home. The cistern problem, issues with an extended family crisis (i.e. divorce mess) and a hectic few nights at work which I’m now utterly fed up with to be honest. I need to get out of that place asap.

But my Friday session at the gym is usually my intensive training day, so no time to waste, but to my dismay a bad knock on my elbow last night at work caused such discomfort today that most of my ‘push’ exercises were hopeless. Coupled with that, my motivation just wasn’t up to scratch. I managed 35 minutes and quietly drove home again. For what it’s worth, here’s the routine:

Friday 10/8/18

Tricep extensions:
20x30 warm-up
*A warm-up was enough to aggravate my left elbow bone and I moved on.

DB bench press:
6x32’s, 6x32’s, 6x32’s, 5x36’s
*Again, I was in such agony that I’m surprised I even managed what I did on this exercise. Any more weight though would have been a disaster and I moved on.

Smith flat bench:
15x40, 6x60, 6x70
*Rubbish.

By this stage I gave up any kind of pushing exercises and decided to do some bicep work. Surely I’d be okay with that.

Machine curls, both arms:
10x20, 10x30, 10x40

DB curl, standing, alt, (across chest to opposite shoulder):
6x16, 6x16

DB preacher curl, seated, alt, low pull:
6x18, 6x20
*No it didn’t make much difference. With the arms resting on the pad, my elbow was in severe conflict every time I lowered the weight. One final try:

E-Z preacher curl:
6x38
*Nope, crap. Just so much pain in the joint. The lift itself was remarkably easy and flew up, the biceps are holding their power really well, but on moving the weight down again I almost had to drop the bar.

35 mins.

I grabbed my bag and left the gym in a strop with myself. But there’s always another day, so I’ll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. Apologies for such a miserable write-up.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2018, 05:01 PM

Hi, everyone. I haven't forgotten you all and am inspired by your workouts and that things are clicking along well.

The son of a friend was killed in a head-on car accident in Georgia, just as we were flying across country.. I'm still running though. As always, there is no better way for me to cope in rough seas.

More later, but it felt great to check in here to find you all are faring well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, everyone. I haven't forgotten you all and am inspired by your workouts and that things are clicking along well.

The son of a friend was killed in a head-on car accident in Georgia, just as we were flying across country.. I'm still running though. As always, there is no better way for me to cope in rough seas.

More later, but it felt great to check in here to find you all are faring well.
Oh my God this is awful, Suzie.
My thoughts to your friend's family and to yourself. Take care and don't worry about posting on here, it's very trivial in comparison to what you have to deal with right now.

I wonder if it's the crash in Atlanta I saw a news clip of this morning?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2018, 05:03 PM

This morning I was all set for the gym to recapture some of the huge losses I made at yesterday’s embarrassment of a session. And what a turn up for the books it was – two solid hours of very hard grafting with no niggles from the left elbow issue I had at yesterday’s non-event. I guess it’s like a bump on the head (of which I must have had many over the years) it gets better with a little rest. Forgive me for saying so myself, but today’s session was fantastic, productive and ultimately very effective with some very good gains made. Read on…

Saturday 11/8/18

Shoulder press:
12x40, 8x60, 6x70, 6x80, 6x90, 3x100
*Great reaching 100kgs again. It’s been quite a while.

DB bench press:
6x34’s, 6x36’s
*I didn’t push this exercise too much today having done some of these yesterday. Too much to fit in later, so retired after the 36’s.

Single DB press, a.k.a. “The Floydy Press!” (i.e. one heavy DB, flat bench, hands interlocked under top end and push up):
40x50, 30x50, 22x50, 18x50 = 110 reps.
*I always aim for a total of a hundred reps, usually over four sets if possible on this exercise. Today I actually miscounted and did 110!

Tricep extensions:
10x40, 10x50, 10x60
6x70, 6x80, 6x90, 6x90, 6x95 Personal Best
*I know it’s only a supplementary exercise but this was the full stack plus 2x2.5kg baby weights strategically balanced on top of the stack inside the machine. Unfortunately, one fell off and fell down the back when I dropped the stack on the final rep into the machine. It’s still there. Always will be. However, it felt great pushing almost a century just using the triceps.

BB curl, seated, 60° backrest:
12x30, 12x30, 12x30
*I do these every time now before the heavy work on the preacher bench. A great warm-up which I increased by an extra two reps per set today.

Superset:
E-Z preacher curl, c/g, low pull / DB preacher curl, seated, alt.:
10x28 / 6x14
10x38 / 6x14
6x48 / 6x14
12x38 / 6x14
15x28 / 6x14
20x18 / 6x14
*A new one for me doing a superset on the E-Z curl, slotting in six slow dumbbell curls between the heavier bar work. I went as far as 48kg on the bar and travelled back down the weight to a final set of fast reps.

A short 5-minute intermission for a crunch bar to let the muscles calm down a bit.

BB forearm reverse curl:
10x20, 10x15, 10x10

DB hammer curl, standing, alt.:
6x14
*One set was all I could manage. The biceps were now screaming for mercy and simply told me to back off with anymore curling! Decided to do some other stuff for a while.

Seated row:
15x47, 15x53

Pec dec (reverse sets):
12x70, 12x60, 12x50, 12x40

Fly dec (forward ‘delt’ pull setting):
16x72.5, 12x80, 12x80, 12x80
*Nice machine. Really hits the delts and inner shoulders.

DB concentration curl, alt.:
6x16, 6x16

Superset:
Bicep stack curls / tricep pushdowns (reverse sets):
12x20 / 12x20
12x17.5 / 12x17.5
12x15 / 12x15
12x12.5 / 12x12.5
12x10 / 12x10
*On the standing stack machine, just a top-up for the arms this afternoon.

Machine curls, both arms:
25x20 high reps

Ab crunch:
50x30, 50x30

I always finish my training with ab crunches but the time was five minutes shy of the two hour mark, so just a couple of quickies were called for as a grand finale:

Tricep extensions:
70x25 high reps

Barbell standing curl:
35x15

Time: 2 hours.

Very pleased with today. I do believe I'm still getting stronger, albeit only in the arms but I'm happy with that.
Tonight I’m at an 18th birthday party at one of the roughest pubs in Hull. Should be a great night then.
Legs tomorrow, pending hangover.

Thanks for reading.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:22 PM

Without sounding wierd, I would love to come and watch you train Floydy, you could teach me a thing or two about weights for sure.

I'm knackered reading that but once again you have motivated me to get off my arse and go to the gym. I've decided I'm setting off when I've finished this coffee. I know I will feel so good afterwards. Thank you.

Enjoy the party.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Without sounding wierd, I would love to come and watch you train Floydy, you could teach me a thing or two about weights for sure.

I'm knackered reading that but once again you have motivated me to get off my arse and go to the gym. I've decided I'm setting off when I've finished this coffee. I know I will feel so good afterwards. Thank you.

Enjoy the party.
Lol! There's nothing weird about it, Lion Queen. I'd love to show you the ropes. In fact, I've advised quite a few people how to do certain exercises over the years, especially when they look like they are doing themselves a certain injury when they are not lifting properly. Anytime you're over my way, I'll organise a day pass

Great to see you going out now incidentally. There's nothing like a bit a guilt to get the motivation cogs going. Enjoy your session!

Tonighr's party will be a strange do though. It's at a notoriously rough pub in Bransholme, a huge council estate.
I'm sure I'll be okay

Page 189 of 370 « First < 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top