Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Removing shoes

Originally Posted by May ->
Same here..most visitors arrive in cars anyway so just out of Their cars and up the garden path...If anyone asked Me to remove My shoes before I entered Their Palace,They wouldn't have to bother about Me visiting Them again
May, I agree! It’s as if your carpet is far more important and gets priority over human life.
I’d imagine, smelly, sweaty feet are far worse for the carpet!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Some people do, some don't. I only remove my shoes if asked, or if I am visiting my Muslim friend.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I am not house proud & no one needs to remove their shoes here, friends do if they have dirty wellies on though & I am grateful for that.
I do take my shoes off in some people's homes as they expect it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
May, I agree! It’s as if your carpet is far more important and gets priority over human life.
I’d imagine, smelly, sweaty feet are far worse for the carpet!

Ooh yes, and verruca's . . . don't want any of them either thanks.

As for homes with cream or white carpets, I don't have any friends who have a carpet like that anyway. All my friends are animal people and wouldn't dream of having white carpets.

As I said earlier, the only time people take their shoes off here, are if they are muddy or very dirty.

If it is raining, and they are wet, well isn't that what doormats are for?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:31 AM

Living in the countryside it tends to get very muddy and wet sometimes but I dont ask people to remove their shoes ,I do however encourage them to use the doormats if its a wet day...(I dont ask them to use the doormats,I just have them at my front and back door lol )
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Living in the countryside it tends to get very muddy and wet sometimes but I dont ask people to remove their shoes ,I do however encourage them to use the doormats if its a wet day...(I dont ask them to use the doormats,I just have them at my front and back door lol )

Same here Aysa. Sounds like you and I are the only ones who provide doormats.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here Aysa. Sounds liek you and I are the only ones who provide doormats.
Mups I think a good doormat/s are essential...lol perhaps doormats are going out of fashion ,who knows...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We expect people to remove their shoes when entering our home.
That goes without saying.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That goes without saying.
Why is that a problem?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here Aysa. Sounds like you and I are the only ones who provide doormats.
I've got doormats!!!!

I just don't get any visitors (thank goodness)

Seriously, I'm the one who's most likely to be filthy, I take my wellies off before I come in and put them in a rack to dry. If I'm wearing boots or trainers I use the doormat.

If I'm working outside in the rain and get muddy then I'll not deliberately tread muck everywhere.

But someone coming in off the street isn't usually going to be covered in lots of muck so they can wipe their feet and wear their footwear indoors as far as I'm concerned.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top