Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Re: Serena Williams

Sorry this is off topic.

I don't watch sport, but did catch the uproar on the news.

My flabber was a rather gasted. It seemed obvious while she was ranting that she'd had work done on her face. So I googled. Yep, plus other stuff.

I always think black people retain their looks, especially if the bone structure is there.

Weird.

I'll buzz off now
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The cartoonist got it right .
It's not racist she's black so what?
Serena behaved like a prima dona
She's supposed to be a sportswoman .
Really these sportspeople she's a tennis player not a brain surgeon .
Get over yourself woman!
My feelings also.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:25 PM

She actually said to the umpire something like he would never be on court with her again. Does she think she owns the court or perhaps the tournament?

I think the incident was just her displaying her true colours. She couldn't get what she wanted so she threw a strop and blamed society.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
She actually said to the umpire something like he would never be on court with her again. Does she think she owns the court or perhaps the tournament?

I think the incident was just her displaying her true colours. She couldn't get what she wanted so she threw a strop and blamed society.

This.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:45 AM

As the clip shows her exact words were "You will never, ever, ever be on a court of mine as long as you live" which she seemed confident in saying.

Does she have enough clout to actually detroy the umpires career one asks !

AT 013
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:53 AM

More people on TV this morning banging on about the cartoon being racist.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Fearsome looking woman...I bet the umpire was scared I was looking at her she looked out of control.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Fearsome looking woman...I bet the umpire was scared I was looking at her she looked out of control.
Indeed ..... and, IMO, that's what the cartoon reflected.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-09-2018, 10:02 AM

Apparently the cartoon ''looks like an ape with big lips and big hair'' and the umpire is depicted as white even though he is actually Hispanic.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Apparently the cartoon ''looks like an ape with big lips and big hair'' and the umpire is depicted as white even though he is actually Hispanic.
Well, Serena's not depicted as black as she really is and Naomi is depicted with blonde hair, but cartoons aren't supposed to be "realistic" .....

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top