Join for free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:22 PM

Do You Ever Feel That Your Post, Has Killed A Thread Dead?

It’s not funny and l shouldn’t laugh but l think my comment on the ‘Restless’ thread has killed it dead!
Now, l’m wondering, was my post a bit self righteous and has it deterred people from posting?

Is this something you have experienced? You make a comment and the thread comes to a standstill, so you think it’s something you said?
I know, it’s probably a coincidence but it does make you feel it’s your fault!

Do you kill threads, dead?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel That Your Post, Has Killed A Thread Dead?

Ha! Art
I'm sure that's not true
It had run it's course anyway I think because not many people were online then

But I have definitely felt a bit paranoid about my own posts not only killing threads but derailing them too
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Yes. Frequently.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:27 PM

What an odd question!

If I make a post on a thread and nobody posts after that...it doesn't occur to me that I've killed it dead, only that no one has anything further/interesting to say on the subject.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:28 PM

I can't say if bothers me if it does.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It’s not funny and l shouldn’t laugh but l think my comment on the ‘Restless’ thread has killed it dead!
Now, l’m wondering, was my post a bit self righteous and has it deterred people from posting?

Is this something you have experienced? You make a comment and the thread comes to a standstill, so you think it’s something you said?
I know, it’s probably a coincidence but it does make you feel it’s your fault!

Quite often, Artangel. I used feel disconcerted about it but then I realised someone has to be last anyway.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What an odd question!

If I make a post on a thread and nobody posts after that...it doesn't occur to me that I've killed it dead, only that no one has anything further/interesting to say on the subject.
ruthio, It probably is an odd thing to say but l know it happens as people have said so!

Maybe, it’s just a type of paranoia?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Quite often, Artangel. I used feel disconcerted about it but then I realised someone has to be last anyway.
Yes, ST, someone has to be last but when the thread is going swimmingly and then stops abruptly after you’ve posted, you do wonder if it was something you said?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
All the time .....

Even my own threads commit suicide .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

30-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Ha! Art
I'm sure that's not true
It had run it's course anyway I think because not many people were online then

But I have definitely felt a bit paranoid about my own posts not only killing threads but derailing them too
Rhian, You may not get anymore comments on your ‘Restless’ thread but the viewing figures for it, will certainly rise!!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top