Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Re: Female Doctor Who

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree that Rosa Parks was an inspiration, I have watched and enjoyed documentaries about her but if the BBC are looking for inspirational people, there are plenty to choose from. Someone like Neil Armstrong would have been more appropriate IMO. I just refuse to be part of the BBC's agenda.
How would that have worked ? the episode was written by a black writer to bring the multiculture companions into the story which it did very well.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thought this weeks was very inspiring episode, yes it was about rosa but many people have never heard of her and this told her story well and showed how one small act can change so much. its back to being a family show imo and we are all enjoying it together.
Not seen it yet, will watch on i player soon. We were away at the weekend.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How would that have worked ? the episode was written by a black writer to bring the multiculture companions into the story which it did very well.
I can't comment because I watched something else instead.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:50 PM

I found it a bit tediously preachy, to be honest. I want escapist entertainment and excitement in my Dr. Who, not a worthy but dull lecture. I have documentary channels to go to for information.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I went to a comi-Con at the weekend. Here are some Dalek's from over the centuries.
Yes, Daleks have certainly changed over the years.

Of course the early ones were, like so many other things in low-budget programmes, cobbled together out of the cheapest materials possible!

Some of the more recent ones are really very different from the originals.

I'm sure I once found a web site showing Dalek developments over the years.

I think they were a brilliant and original concept and distinctly remember the very first time one of the things appeared. It was in black and white days, and I think it was the very first 'Dr Who'. All you saw towards the end of that episode was a stick with a rubber cup at the end advancing menacingly towards his female 'companion'. You didn't see the whole Dalek until the following episode.

Does anyone else remember seeing that very first appearance?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 04:35 PM

Yes I do, they used a sink plunger for that dangerous appendage.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes I do, they used a sink plunger for that dangerous appendage.
They were scary though weren't they.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 05:23 PM

also in the original series with Richard Hartnel there were supposed to be only 7 reincarnations of the DR
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
also in the original series with Richard Hartnel there were supposed to be only 7 reincarnations of the DR
William Hartnell, if memory serves!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
William Hartnell, if memory serves!
Correct my memory slipped a bit

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top