Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Crossing Places Off Your List

London is a fantastic place TO AVOID.

Last time there i wanted to see the Tower of London

First person I asked was a Jamacian. he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Second person I asked was a Frenchman, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Third person I asked was from India, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Last person I asked was from Russia, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help. So I asked him where the English people were.

He replied that they were working to pay for our benefits so we can look around London. You won't find one in London Streets
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:13 AM

Sounds like I should pack my rose-colored glasses when I am eventually London bound, but I'm going.

I suspect what many of you dislike about London, I don't care for when it comes to New York.

Annie, you named some places that are on itineraries I am considering. Thanks.

I have a friend in Yemen right now who is administering cholera vaccines and treating cholera cases. It will take a lifetime to turn around the famine and cholera epidemic.

Vegas is garish, glittery, artificial, and surreal, but there's also nowhere like it. Interestingly, it's the number one travel destination for Hawaiians who may well live in the most naturally beautiful place in the world. I've been and enjoyed the way it was lit up at night, but I wouldn't plan a good holiday around it; it has such a sad and dark underbelly. I can't imagine why anyone would go there when there are so many spectacular national parks in the same region.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sounds like I should pack my rose-colored glasses when I am eventually London bound, but I'm going.

I suspect what many of you dislike about London, I don't care for when it comes to New York.
London's fabulous, ignore these killjoys!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:42 AM

For a visit London is a great place but to work there not so good I know that from experience, I have a love hate relationship with the place.

You will love it Surfermum I hope you get to go further afield though...go to Stratford on Avon where Shakespeare was born you will love it there and try make it up to Yorkshire to York too and the surrounding countryside....see the City New York was named after..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Summer I do agree, visiting a place for entertainment and enjoyment is vastly different from living and working there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Annie, you named some places that are on itineraries I am considering. Thanks.

I have a friend in Yemen right now who is administering cholera vaccines and treating cholera cases. It will take a lifetime to turn around the famine and cholera epidemic.

Vegas is garish, glittery, artificial, and surreal, but there's also nowhere like it. Interestingly, it's the number one travel destination for Hawaiians who may well live in the most naturally beautiful place in the world. I've been and enjoyed the way it was lit up at night, but I wouldn't plan a good holiday around it; it has such a sad and dark underbelly. I can't imagine why anyone would go there when there are so many spectacular national parks in the same region.
You will love visiting London Surfermom because you will no doubt be visiting all the best bits, it's the same for us visiting NY.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
For a visit London is a great place but to work there not so good I know that from experience, I have a love hate relationship with the place.

You will love it Surfermum I hope you get to go further afield though...go to Stratford on Avon where Shakespeare was born you will love it there and try make it up to Yorkshire to York too and the surrounding countryside....see the City New York was named after..
Me too summer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
London is a fantastic place TO AVOID.

Last time there i wanted to see the Tower of London

First person I asked was a Jamacian. he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Second person I asked was a Frenchman, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Third person I asked was from India, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help

Last person I asked was from Russia, he said sorry only just arrived in this country, so can't help. So I asked him where the English people were.

He replied that they were working to pay for our benefits so we can look around London. You won't find one in London Streets

I wouldn't want to go to London again as I'd be worried about getting a knife in my back.

I've been a few times before, when the place was more civilised, and seen all I want to see thank you!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 01:16 PM

I have no intention of ever going to Blackpool either!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-11-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have no intention of ever going to Blackpool either!
Me neither. Not unless I get married again and need another Hen night.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top