Join for free
Page 187 of 259 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Just watching yesterday's episodes, and it occurred to me that certain things are getting out of hand. When half of the characters are homophobic, it is becoming unrepresentative and unreal.

I think the programme would be better entitled 'Lesbos Street'!
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just watching yesterday's episodes, and it occurred to me that certain things are getting out of hand. When half of the characters are homophobic, it is becoming unrepresentative and unreal.

Are you sure you mean homophobic? Rather than homosexual?
I agree there is an abundance to be living in one small area. Maybe the water supply needs checking?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Are you sure you mean homophobic? Rather than homosexual?
I agree there is an abundance to be living in one small area. Maybe the water supply needs checking?
Yes, homosexual. Thanks. I was in a rush to get down to Canal Street!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yes I agree JB, there is far too much emphasis on gay activity.
I also think that Sophie's outburst in 'Speed Daal' was out of character for her.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:26 PM

No one seems business focused, not really, the characters just play at business folly, god help us post, post Brexit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes I agree JB, there is far too much emphasis on gay activity.
I also think that Sophie's outburst in 'Speed Daal' was out of character for her.

Yep, I agree too, Foxy.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 6 gay characters in Corrie.
There is the Vicar, Shaun, Sophie and her mate, plus the two who have just got engaged. Plus we had the saga of David being raped by wots-his-name too.

As for Emmerdale, I can't make out Charity at all. She seems to go both ways!

And now the two lads in Emmerdale are talking about having a baby of their own - exactly the same story line as Corrie are starting with the two girls wanting a baby of their own.

Why do those two soaps always copy each other!

There you go , I've had me moan now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-11-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yep, I agree too, Foxy.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 6 gay characters in Corrie.
There is the Vicar, Shaun, Sophie and her mate, plus the two who have just got engaged. Plus we had the saga of David being raped by wots-his-name too.

As for Emmerdale, I can't make out Charity at all. She seems to go both ways!

And now the two lads in Emmerdale are talking about having a baby of their own - exactly the same story line as Corrie are starting with the two girls wanting a baby of their own.

Why do those two soaps always copy each other!

There you go , I've had me moan now.
I think they're running out of ideas.

I have been watching Coronation Street since it first started in the 1960s with only a few necessary breaks.

I'm afraid that not only are they running out of new ideas, they are also trying to populate the place with too many characters and, at my age(!), I'm finding it a little too complicated for my little brain.

Because of the number of characters, there are also too many concurrent storylines and because of the lack of new ideas a large proportion of the programme is becoming boring. Too much of the time is spent on boring time-fillers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:24 AM

JBR, I do agree with you about so many people now, I can't even remember half their names - as you could probably tell from my post.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No one seems business focused, not really, the characters just play at business folly, god help us post, post Brexit.
Well Spitty, how about this for an idea, stay with me on this one, a rich yank geezer, with a big hat turns up in the Rovers, tells the locals "oma goin a frack on the Red Rec".

Bingo, Dallas on the cobbles.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:53 PM

Quirky characters needed desperately, Fred Elliott, Spider Nugent and Graeme Proctor. Some hilarious situations they got into.

Page 187 of 259 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top