Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:56 PM

Re: What is the strangest gift you have ever received?

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
WE NEED A PIC Jazzi.
You’re about 50 years too late, m’dear!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You’re about 50 years too late, m’dear!!
I was teasing Jazzi.

We have some friends, every year my hubby was given Christmas socks.
One year he wrapped up the old ones for her husband. We laughed together for so long, we all still laugh about it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:53 PM

A male friend named a star after me. I didn't realise quite how he felt until I was presented with this as a present. Probably about the same time, the ex also bought me a toolbox and set of special bolt spanners. He was delighted with himself...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A male friend named a star after me. I didn't realise quite how he felt until I was presented with this as a present. Probably about the same time, the ex also bought me a toolbox and set of special bolt spanners. He was delighted with himself...
A star oh that's so touching Annie.
Wasbands mmm they wonder why!
Bolt spanners! I hope you kept them.
Handy if you drop the T.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:16 AM

I can't remember receiving anything terribly unusual, but I had a dear friend in Scotland who loved nature and the countryside, and one year I bought her a tree on a conservation site.

It was a long time ago now, but I think it was a National Trust idea to help them plant more forestry and they put her name by the tree so she knew which one was hers.
Finding it could be a problem though!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-11-2018, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't remember receiving anything terribly unusual, but I had a dear friend in Scotland who loved nature and the countryside, and one year I bought her a tree on a conservation site.

It was a long time ago now, but I think it was a National Trust idea to help them plant more forestry and they put her name by the tree so she knew which one was hers.
What a lovely idea Mupsy.
That is such a wonderful gift.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:21 AM

One year I got hand decorated coat hangers from a boyfriend .
They were made by his mother. Oh joy. Oh bliss.

We didn’t last long.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:56 AM

Hi

Mum once gave us a lovely oil painting of where we married for Christmas.

Unfortunately it was the wrong wife.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:46 AM

The gift of Life, that's pretty strange.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

This made me smile Mups because a pal of mine one year stuck for ideas for Christmas decided to buy her grand kids a world wildlife fund care for a baby elephant for a year gift.

She sat them all down to explain what she had bought with pictures of the little elephant and its name thinking they would be delighted...but they totally misunderstood and jumped up and down with glee wanting to know where it was?...was it in her car they asked?.....what tears when all she had was the pictures....they are adults now but they often remind her how cheated they felt that it wasn't sat in her car patiently waiting to surprise them

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top