Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

just used my last Utube permit for the week!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 10:41 PM

That’s not a bad idea Gummy, I shall allow myself three youtubes per week from next week on, one has to wean oneself off slowly or one could go into the DT’s and end up in the Jelly house.
(a nickname for the old DT's clinic here, gone now, jelly as in they all used to shake going in and it wasn't rock n' roll shakin')

I remembered Sweetie quoting something Joe Friday used to say in “Dragnet” years ago so I looked up the show as I was a great fan of it.
“Joe Friday didn't get to be a sergeant by beating around the bush. He wanted to get right to the heart of the matter, hence his famous catchphrase when interrogating female suspects: "Just the facts, ma'am." Except maybe his reputation precedes him in this case, because he never said those exact words! The closest he came was "All we want are the facts, ma'am” Wiki
That annoyed me slightly. No matter who you quote there’s always some smart arse to come out and tell you “Actually he/she didn’t say those exact words” The ‘Play it again Sam’ one for example, then John Wayne saying ‘Get off yer horse and drink yer milk” and even one of my favourite actors James Cagney never said “Yeh dirty Rat” and “I’m top of the World Mom!” These people are deliberately put on this earth to annoy others, they enjoy correcting other people. gives them a feeing of superiority, but who really cares whether they said it or not they are stuck with it and that’s that, talk about shampooing Pigs.
It’s the same as saying “The green Frog is smarter than the brown Frog, but the brown Frog can leap further than the green Frog” So what! they’re only Frogs for Gods sake, who cares”
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:25 PM

I was a window cleaner in between proper jobs!

The company’s government contract for commercial cleaning included a tall building with sash windows. The easiest way of cleaning the outside of the windows was to sit on the window sill facing inwards, slide each window down on your thighs and spray and squeegee until it was finished then slide that window up while you finished the other.
Way down below Alan and I saw the little, portly man holding a Gladstone bag, looking up at us, but he didn’t respond when we waved to him so we just got on with the job. We finished the job after another 15 minutes and were just packing up our gear, when the man appeared at the door of the office we had been working in.
“I’m from the department of Labour. I noticed that you weren’t using a safety harness. Why haven’t you chaps got a safety harness?” he asked. We explained that we did have a harness but the building had no anchor points to hook onto- not even a radiator to wrap it round.
He pondered that for a while as he looked around the office then he disappeared downstairs and we thought we’d seen the last of him.
As we carried our gear out of the ground floor entry door and as we were loading it into our van he reappeared and waved us over.
“I’ve had a thought,” he said, “if you carried one of those 56 pound weights with a handle on top around with you - you could clip your harness onto that!” His pleased expression with his inspiration faded when I pointed out that I weigh considerably more than 56 pounds and if I fell out of the window the weight would follow me out and finish me off on the pavement.
“Good point!” he said and wandered off , Gladstone bag by his side and a sad look on his face.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:47 PM

Oh my I missed a lot.
Today I learnt about bees.
Yes the little bees that make honey.
I saw some hive's and asked what do bees do during the Winter months.
Hibernate. Well I guessed that, but afterwards the female bees choose a new Queen, then kill off the old Queen!
I never knew that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Worker bees Sweetie, the central engine of society, for better or for worse.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Worker bees Sweetie, the central engine of society, for better or for worse.
True Spitty.
I have been summoned for Jury service.
I have never done that!!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:07 AM

Sitting in judgement of another Human Being is a huge responsibility.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-01-2019, 12:09 AM

I will have to start a thread on this.

Good Night Possums. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:03 AM

oh yea ! - then how come we do it everyday of our lives to numerous people without a tit or a thought?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:59 AM

I never EVER sit in judgement of other people,you chubby multi-chinned,lazy,opinionated,sarky,anti-English exprezzo drinker,you!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top