Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 11:36 PM

local election results are in

The local council ward I am in only 44.47% of the population voted.

In my mind those who didn't vote have no right to complain.

the district voted
con +2
lib dem +2
labour -1
indep. -3

we had a councillor die hence voting, he was on both.
conservatives virtually swept the board in all the wards

What does this tell you about how the country is thinking
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:28 AM

Re: local election results are in

They don't care, thrown in the towel, given in, want change but know it will never happen and voting makes no difference because the system is unfair.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:29 AM

Why is system unfair ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:30 AM

who gives a shLLt I hear them cry!!- we are doomed - doomed we say - let dog eat dog!- great empires grew and fell - take the roman empire - where is it now a crazy mixed up itty bunch who still cook great spaghetti - persian empire -where are they ? you are simply experiencing the decline and fall of the british empire _ prepare to defend your crofter!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-01-2019, 01:34 AM

Too much grog me thinks gumbug
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Why is system unfair ?
Because all the main parties that you can vote for are essentially the same party. They are the parties of the elitists, the EU, the people who really run the show.

By presenting themselves as 3 or 4 different parties they split the population's vote and ensure that they always get voted back in. Their parties also get all the funding (£millions) to ensure that no other tiny party has a chance of manipulating the media and gaining widespread support.

It's an illusory democracy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:51 AM

It's also unfair because you can only vote for a party not for actual policies or changes. That would require referendums on most major decisions. Really, who cares what party is doing the work? What people need is the ability to shape and vote for change, referendums. They will never get them though.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-01-2019, 02:44 AM

You vote for the party who has policies akin to what you like
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You vote for the party who has policies akin to what you like
Not so

Where I live in local elections we have voted for an Independent lot for over 20 years.

Last local election another independent lot stood as well but lost, all local people

We vote for no party but for local councillors who are part of are community.

Shame is the rest of are borough tends to vote on party lines.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=realspeed;1612945]The local council ward I am in only 44.47% of the population voted.

In my mind those who didn't vote have no right to complain.

the district voted
con +2
lib dem +2
labour -1
indep. -3

we had a councillor die hence voting, he was on both.
conservatives virtually swept the board in all the wards

What does this tell you about how the country is thinking[/QUOTE]

Not a lot !!! - because East Sussex County Council has always been full of scumbag 'nasty party' members.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top