Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Breaking News

Breaking News.

Theresa May has summoned a meeting this afternoon with Conservative MEPs to Downing Street amid speculation an imminent delay to Brexit is set to be announced.

Number 10 has said the meeting is normal but MEPs believe she is plotting to extend Article 50.

It would mean British European politicians would have to stand in May’s European elections.

However earlier this morning a government spokesperson said the Prime Minister had “ruled out” extending Article 50 after Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt was quoted as saying it is “more likely” that Brexit won’t happen if Parliament votes down the deal next week.

Europe's MEPs are due to debate the result of the meaningful vote on Wednesday morning from 7.30 am UK time.

However it is not yet clear if the Prime Minister wants the meaningful vote, which she appears doomed to lose, to go ahead or if she plans to delay Article 50 before Tuesday's Brexit deal judgement.

Buzzfeed's political editor broke the news that MEPs are being recalled immediately from Brussels to meet the Prime Minister.

UNQUOTE
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:00 PM

Re: Breaking News

Hi

I have no idea at all what will happen now.

Political wranglings were never my thing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:07 PM

There was always a strong belief that Brexit would never be allowed to happen.... and I am beginning to think they may be right!

If it is true I am ashamed to live on a country that calls itself democratic, yet allows the people we elect to change the peoples decision!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:09 PM

This is the start of the end of brexit .... having spent two years pulling our chain they now have to finally squash the nations decision..... quite were we go from here is anyone’s guess but as the guy on the tv advert once said

I SEE TROUBLE AHEAD
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:14 PM

If Theresa May cannot deliver Brexit as promised on the agreed date, then she should resign and accept it. We do.

As for the EU, they would be only too willing to accept an extension of Article 50 in the hope it will lead to time for either a general election or second referendum.

As for 17.4 million leave voters, plus many more now I would think, if she extends, the Conservative Party is as good as dead.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:15 PM

Come back guido Fawkes all is forgiven and if ever the country needed you .....
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

11-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If Theresa May cannot deliver Brexit as promised on the agreed date, then she should resign and accept it. We do.

As for the EU, they would be only too willing to accept an extension of Article 50 in the hope it will lead to time for either a general election or second referendum.

As for 17.4 million leave voters, plus many more now I would think, if she extends, the Conservative Party is as good as dead.

Any party , both parties, all , every .... the whole shambolic lot of them are as good as dead if brexit is stopped ...
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There was always a strong belief that Brexit would never be allowed to happen.... and I am beginning to think they may be right!

If it is true I am ashamed to live on a country that calls itself democratic, yet allows the people we elect to change the peoples decision!
It was always on the cards Twinkle having a known Remainer running the show.
She is as bent as they come and it as been proven time and again these past few years.
I have never believed we would get what was voted for.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:36 PM

I can't see A50 getting extended ... but there again nothing is for sure with Brexit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 03:40 PM

Hi

It is not a given that the EU will agree to Article 50 being extended.

There is nothing in it for them.

Far better for them to insist that it is withdrawn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top