Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Rip dianne oxberry

Ex-BBC Radio 1 star Dianne Oxberry dies after 'short illness' aged 51
https://mol.im/a/6580527

A wonderful lady

Married mother-of-two worked with Steve Wright and Simon Mayo on Radio 1
She became BBC North West's weather presenter in 1994 until her death
Husband Ian said: 'Children and I will miss her more than anyone can imagine'
Simon Mayo and Dan Walker lead tributes to the much-loved broadcaster
Loved by fans including Peter Kay who once crawled on his knees to get near her
BBC presenter Dianne Oxberry has died suddenly at the age of 51 after recently being diagnosed with cancer causing colleagues broke down on air as her death war revealed today.

BBC presenter Dianne Oxberry dies aged 51 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-46820379

Award-winning BBC television and radio presenter Dianne Oxberry has died from cancer aged 51, her family has confirmed.
She died at the Christie hospital in Manchester on Thursday morning.
Oxberry became well-known nationally on Radio 1, working alongside Simon Mayo and Steve Wright.
After studying meteorology she became the North West's weather presenter in 1994 and also fronted the Inside Out North West current affairs programme.
Fellow BBC North West Tonight presenters Roger Johnson and Annabel Tiffin said they were heartbroken and it was hard to imagine the programme without her.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: Rip dianne oxberry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-46820379

Award-winning BBC television and radio presenter Dianne Oxberry has died from cancer aged 51, her family has confirmed.

She died at the Christie hospital in Manchester on Thursday morning.

Oxberry became well-known nationally on Radio 1, working alongside Simon Mayo and Steve Wright.

After studying meteorology she became the North West's weather presenter in 1994 and also fronted the Inside Out North West current affairs programme.
That is just SO shocking .....

The impossibly elegant Dianne was the main reason I watched North West Tonight. As a presenter, she had a warmth which made her seem one of the family. Her heels were high and her smile was infectious.

Peter Kay once disrupted one of her weather forecasts by hugging her and telling her: "God love Dianne Oxberry - you made the sun shine for everybody!"

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Nice obituary Omah.....So sad.....RIP Dianne.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Shockingly young, so very sad.
I love that video!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 12:53 PM

It seems so unfair for one so young and vivacious to die - when paedophiles, murderers and scum are still with us!

R.I.P.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 07:47 PM

Terribly sad news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Sad news and so young
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:40 PM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...e-bbc-13841715

Viewers and colleagues alike have been left devastated by the shock passing of BBC weather presenter Dianne Oxberry.

The 51-year-old died of cancer at The Christie Hospital in Manchester on Thursday morning, her heartbroken husband Ian Hindle confirmed.

But few knew she was even unwell, with the popular broadcaster having shown no sign of illness when she and her North West Tonight colleagues Roger Johnson and Annabel Tiffin led a 100-mile relay through the north west for Children In Need in November.

The former Radio 1 star was also active on social media up until December 28, when she liked a friend's picture of her new puppy.
The onset of her illness was either sudden or well-concealed because it seems almost no-one had an inkling that she was other than fit and well ..... at the moment, it's a heart-breaking mystery .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:05 PM

They gave her a good send off on NW Tonight eh? Even I shed a little tear when Annabelle welled up.

Bit delicate saying this, but I truly admire people who don't mention they are poorly (outside of their family) and just gracefully depart from this world.

That's probably just what she wanted judging by something Gordon Burns said... ie she would have said something along the lines of 'oh for goodness sake, get on with life and stop feeling sorry for me'.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

11-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Bit delicate saying this, but I truly admire people who don't mention they are poorly (outside of their family) and just gracefully depart from this world.

That's probably just what she wanted judging by something Gordon Burns said... ie she would have said something along the lines of 'oh for goodness sake, get on with life and stop feeling sorry for me'.
That sounds exactly like something the lovely Dianne would say .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top