Join for free
Page 17 of 28 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 07:43 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Hi

The EU is getting worse.

The Commission, headed by Juncker has now published proposals to set tax rates across the EU.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU is getting worse.

The Commission, headed by Juncker has now published proposals to set tax rates across the EU.
Well, if people are stupid enough to want to be under their rule, they have only themselves to blame.

Next it will be compulsory conscription.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did the people vote on changes to our constitution that the signing of different EU treaties would create? No we didn't, they were signed with no regard for public opinion.
When I say "we" Judd I mean our Government who are supposed to be our representatives. Am I wrong in thinking "we" do have some voice within the EU. I have always thought we did. If not then why do our representatives bother attending all those EU meetings.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
When I say "we" Judd I mean our Government who are supposed to be our representatives. Am I wrong in thinking "we" do have some voice within the EU. I have always thought we did. If not then why do our representatives bother attending all those EU meetings.
For the same reason our wonderful peers attend the House of Lords, the only difference being that the MEPs are obliged to stay awake!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
That's true. People conveniently forget that we are part of the EU - fully paid up members with rights and obligations. We cannot just opt out. IF the EU is now a monster we don't like we should realise that we have been instrumental in its creation.
Perhaps they'd like to verify their own accounts before telling us what our obligations are?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, if people are stupid enough to want to be under their rule, they have only themselves to blame.

Next it will be compulsory conscription.
Deleted!

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 04:33 PM

I had an interesting chat with 2 of the people who work behind the bar in my local last night. They are both in their 20s and told me they are labour supporters and voted remain in the referendum. I didn't mention at all what my political views were or how I voted on brexit, but was genuinely interested in listening to what they voted the way they did. They said it was because they felt safer as a large block of countries and that trading between ourselves was like being part of a big community. I didn't put any of my leave views forward at all, just listened with genuine interest as they explained how they viewed the EU.

After about half an hour of me listening and them talking, they then asked me which way I voted and which party I supported.

When I told them I voted leave and I was a centre right Tory supporter, the conversation changed to about 5 minutes of them launching a tirade of abuse and insults towards me for the way I voted and who I support. Everything from the conservative party destroying peoples lives etc and poor people suffering under austerity, to the racist bigots that voted brexit etc etc etc.

I just stood there and laughed ... it's like they are programmed that way.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I had an interesting chat with 2 of the people who work behind the bar in my local last night. They are both in their 20s and told me they are labour supporters and voted remain in the referendum. I didn't mention at all what my political views were or how I voted on brexit, but was genuinely interested in listening to what they voted the way they did. They said it was because they felt safer as a large block of countries and that trading between ourselves was like being part of a big community. I didn't put any of my leave views forward at all, just listened with genuine interest as they explained how they viewed the EU.

After about half an hour of me listening and them talking, they then asked me which way I voted and which party I supported.

When I told them I voted leave and I was a centre right Tory supporter, the conversation changed to about 5 minutes of them launching a tirade of abuse and insults towards me for the way I voted and who I support. Everything from the conservative party destroying peoples lives etc and poor people suffering under austerity, to the racist bigots that voted brexit etc etc etc.

I just stood there and laughed ... it's like they are programmed that way.
And they have the nerve to accuse us Brexiteers of intolerance and an unwillingness to listen to other people's views.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And they have the nerve to accuse us Brexiteers of intolerance and an unwillingness to listen to other people's views.

I know ... it's quite odd isn't it.

I just sit and smile..... best way really.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I know ... it's quite odd isn't it.

I just sit and smile..... best way really.
They're all the same mate. The snowflakes / SJW's / Antifa etc. Biggest bunch of hypocritical idiots on the planet.

Page 17 of 28 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top