Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Re: Trade with other nations

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Fake news
I thought it was great news that we can trade with Chile and The Faro Islands after brexit. That should stop us falling in to a recession don't you think?

Barring a handful of small and medium-sized countries, including Chile and the Faroe Islands, the majority of deals are expected to miss the deadline.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I thought it was great news that we can trade with Chile and The Faro Islands after brexit. That should stop us falling in to a recession don't you think?

Barring a handful of small and medium-sized countries, including Chile and the Faroe Islands, the majority of deals are expected to miss the deadline.

We can trade with who we want when we leave the EU.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 11:46 AM

Going by the list I presented previously there can't be many countries that we don't already trade with. Oh!! hang on I don't remember the Vatican being on the list, great new's
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 12:19 PM

I can't read the links because they want me to subscribe.
Hi

Do a google search Japan UK Trade Deal., it takes you direct to the FT report.

www.newsnow.co.uk/h/UK/Brexit is a dedicated brexit reporting site.

This is one to raise your blood pressure.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ne...PY06U?rpc=401&

Once we leave, we are a Third Country, so EU States will be able to offer financial incentives to companies based in the UK to move to the EU and vice versa.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Once we leave, we are a Third Country, so EU States will be able to offer financial incentives to companies based in the UK to move to the EU and vice versa.
Interesting ...

Bloomberg invested 1 billion last year to open his new European headquarters in London so I think there is a fair amount of scaremongering going on. Saying that it's not unusual for EU regulatory bodies such as the EMA to move out of the UK because we are leaving. It would be like having the FDA in China ... it doesn't make sense.

Frankfurt has only seen a few hundred banking sector employees move there from London so I'm not convinced that any more will move there. I have a few friends in finance and they say Corbyn is z much bigger threat to the banking industry than brexit ever could be.

As for Japan wanting higher visa quotas then I'm fine with that. It sounds to me like they would be investing more into the UK than less if they want more workers over here.

And remember Deutsche Bank ended up apologising for telling us they would move to Frankfurt. We are the finance capital off the world not just the EU.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Is it just me or is ITSME getting absolutely pawned in just about every Brexit thread !!!

Roll on BrExit
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:09 PM

This

It's vital, paramount that we get completely out of the EU Customs Union and markets because those are economic dead-ends.

We need the freedom to establish trade deals with China, India, South America, Brazil and the like where we will need strategic materials from. Things like lithium in the future which will be massively in demand.

Note that WTO rules are just a barebones framework. There is nothing to stop anyone from forming a bilateral agreement above and beyond that provided for by the WTO rules.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, but leavers already knew that when they voted so it shouldn’t be a surprise

Of course we can do the same to EU countries but success bill depend on how attractive the UK is OST Brexit
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-02-2019, 02:12 PM

Reforming vat would be a good start.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:33 AM

Another great example of Brexiteer diplomacy

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/e...iamsons-speech

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top