Join for free
Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

Originally Posted by JBR ->
"Currently, 17 EU countries have comprehensive smoke-free legislation in place. National measures tend to differ in extent and scope, with enforcement remaining an issue in some EU countries. Among these, Ireland, the UK, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Spain and Hungary have the strictest provisions with a complete ban on smoking in enclosed public places, on public transport and in workplaces."

Exactly! Some countries ignore EU diktats.
Why can't we?

Personally, I don't smoke but smoking in pubs doesn't bother me. It's the more general disparity with regard to 'rules' that annoys me.

Like most other things that are wrong with this country, of course, it's down to our own useless politicians.
... wumming again JBR.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... wumming again JBR.
Not being a teenager, I'm afraid I had to Google that expression!

Could you do me the courtesy (if that is at all possible) of explaining to me how, or whom, I am 'winding up'?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:32 AM

wots the problem exactly ? -

The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population). 76,737 Muslims live in Scotland (1.45%), 45,950 in Wales (1.50%), and 3,832 in Northern Ireland (0.21%). London has the greatest population of Muslims in the country.
muslim popn figures UK

many UK persons get very ruffled if someone cooks a different smelling food on their barbecue next door?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wots the problem exactly ? -

muslim popn figures UK

many UK persons get very ruffled if someone cooks a different smelling food on their barbecue next door?
For god's sake Gummy, you do talk a lot of rubbish. If you like living with them in Oz, that's fine just get on with enjoying it....instead of telling us how to do it!
From the other side of the world you have no idea how much their attitudes are changing our lives. All we want to do is get rid of those who live by religious laws, which are interpreted in ways that suit their political & personal desires.
Some Catholic priests thought they could do the same here, but they are now learning that they are just criminals...like anybody else who abuses children!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:54 AM

Have to tell you Gummy....those are the official figures and laughable.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
well if ya canny count - that's not my problem summer!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-03-2019, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
can you provided alternative figures with appropriate references??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-03-2019, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... wumming again JBR.
is that a YES for no smoking in pubs or a NO?

I remember well the era of smoking liberally in pubs in my time. My wife had never smoked so all through our married life she never enjoyed going into as "public house" for a drink with me and/or friends. Once doctors smoked in their consulting rooms whilst talking to pts [ if you don't believe me watch 'call the midwife'

bye the bye I am still trying to figure out wot that little spat between D00d and JBR was all about - can anyone assist?
ta
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Having lived in the SE Asia ; Austria ; Canada and now OZ, my recommendation for a care free life style would be either CA or OZ - well run multicultural countries easier adjustments of course if you have family or friends already residing there?
Definitely Canada Gumbud. I had a dream last night. We were in The Rockies in some sort of an outdoor leisure complex. Didn't want to wake up it was so beautiful. I got to thinking that maybe it wasn't out of reach - perhaps it would be possible to live there for a few months a year and a few months here. I am fully awake now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

17-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Definitely Canada Gumbud. I had a dream last night. We were in The Rockies in some sort of an outdoor leisure complex. Didn't want to wake up it was so beautiful. I got to thinking that maybe it wasn't out of reach - perhaps it would be possible to live there for a few months a year and a few months here. I am fully awake now.
Yes agree Aerolor, my sister lives in Vancouver or outskirts and I have been once. Probably a healthy place than OZ and they do have snow in winter. I found the people very polite and helpful. It's a big country like OZ and has plenty of good scenery and travel options.

Yes well worth a visit just one time! - I'd like to go back and will if I have a lottery win!

Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top